Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bayou 135 and 160 Recipes Needed

Desmo412

I recently picked up a bunch of 9mm 135gr and 160gr bayou bullets. Loads will be shot out of a 4.5in XDm. I have N320 and Solo1000 on hand. Any load advice would be greatly appreciated. All loads will be chronographed...i just need some starting points

Thanks

Glenn

• 4 weeks later...

Just an update. 2.7gr N320 with Bayou 160 at 1.125 and CCI SPP out of a XDm 4.5 gives a 130PF...if you prefer the sluggish feel of 147s, I highly recommend trying this load. Also, 3.5gr N320 behind a Bayou 135 gives the same PF. Haven't had a chance to chrono the Solo1K loads yet

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Apologize in advance if Im hijacking this thread, but do any of you have any or know anybody who has experience w these 135 Bayou Bullets in a Glock ? Specifically a Glock 34 ?? Ive read conflicting things here on the forums regarding glock barrels & lead bullets.

Thanks !

fireman489, more detail on your question would be nice, but I run them in a G17, stock barrel, with no issues. YRMV, so try some and see, just keep an eye open for leading as you are working up your loads.

Apologize in advance if Im hijacking this thread, but do any of you have any or know anybody who has experience w these 135 Bayou Bullets in a Glock ? Specifically a Glock 34 ?? Ive read conflicting things here on the forums regarding glock barrels & lead bullets.

Thanks !

These are not an exposed lead bullet. They can be safely treated like a plated bullet in Glocks. Yes, I have tested them.