Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Basic trigger job G34

Flmope

Long story short here.

I bought a "Blue label" G34. I didn't know the blue label comes with stock trigger and sights.

I am looking to upgrade both and need suggestions on a good basic trigger job I can do myself.

I am not looking to shoot competitions just yet. Just want something better than stock to work on my shooting.

The basic Glock trigger job involves replacing the connector & springs with an aftermarket one.

I'd recommend the Ghost Connector & Spring kit - available from Brownells.

http://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/trigger-group-parts/connector-parts/ghost-3-5-connector-prod25315.aspx

http://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/trigger-group-parts/trigger-parts/trigger-springs/glock-complete-spring-kit-prod54580.aspx

I run ghost connectors if they are not the glock "-" ones out of the box and add the extra power trigger return spring. I have had 7 pistols that I was happy with over the past few years with that combo. The first issues came up yesterday with my latest one and it is still in the break in period since it is my back up gun for SSP/ESP and Production. I haven't tore into it yet, but the bend in the connector seems to be the starting point, covered on the ghost site on how to install it. You can throw $20 at the spring and connector and be good. Maybe polish a pinch and round the striker safety plunger if you have a dremel and a drill. There are plenty more costly options though. I am happy with the cheapest ghost connector ghost makes w/o the tabs or slots.

I bought a G34 Gen4 a few months ago. I've been very happy with it.

But the trigger was rough, to say the least. I started with a meticulous "25 cent trigger polish". There's a million links and videos showing how to do this. I never did find a completely thorough video or web site that show ALL of the spots that needed polishing/deburring, but if you start watching some of the videos, you quickly get the idea. Once you get familiar with the trigger parts, then you can start doing some careful polishing. This alone will smooth things up. But on mine, there was some deburring that also had to be done.

A Dremel tool (or similar) and small polishing wheel with some buffing compound are necessary items for the polishing. Be careful not to let the polishing wheel grab the part, as it can throw the part into your face, or bend the part. I use 1500 grit wet/dry sandpaper (on a popsicle stick) for deburring.

I eventually installed a 3.5 lb trigger kit and now my trigger is smoooooth and sweet. Really a pleasure to shoot....

There are some caveats here. If you install 3.5 lb trigger kit, and have internal trigger parts with rough edges that are sticking or binding, then unsafe operating conditions may ensue.

JMHO, of course. Make all mods at own risk.

Good luck

Edited by DaveF

I got a blue label and was glad I did. The adj glock sights are junk and would be thrown out anyway. I added a Dawson rear and a custom Dawson .115 black front and love the sights. For the trigger a connector change will get you to regular gun apecs

Glock triggers seem simple so guys change a spring here and there and reliability goes to hell. If it is a comp only gun then screw with it to your hearts content. If you count on the gun to stand between you and trouble either leave it alone or go all in and have someone who is a glock armorer help you out.

Thanks for all the replies.

My carry weapon is a G21. It is stock other than night sights.

I love to tinker with my other glocks. I think of it as fine tuning.

I was surprised with how bad the stock trigger is on this G34.

By far the worst stock trigger I have experienced on a glock.

I am looking at this as an opportunity to make this weapon something that will fit me like an old glove.

Again thanks for the replies and suggestions.

• 11 months later...

But in ghost trigger set if you replace all stock spring there is a chance that your safe trigger bar wont reset and you will experience light strike... So in all my glock i just cut 4 in my stock striker springs...

Did the zev spring kit yesterday and lost the trigger safety. So replace the striker spring with original now. Seems ok, any suggestions?

On my Glock 34 I put in a ZEV Tech Heavy Trigger Spring, ZEV Tech Firing Pin Spring, then I polished the trigger, connector, and firing pin safety plunger with Flitz. I got the trigger pull close to 4lbs.

This is my Gen 4 G35 build, the gun is 100% reliable and has a crisp quality trigger that breaks around 4lbs. It took some time to get the gun to this point, but this combo of parts has really transformed my gun into a shooter, now I just need to work on the nut behind the trigger!

- Taran Tactical Innovations Compitition Grip Job

- Glockworx Stainless RSA (Gen 3)

- Polish job

- Zev 4 Race Connector

- Zev Extra Power Trigger Spring

- Zev Safety Striker Plunger Spring

- 5lb Striker Spring

- Jaegar Extended Striker

- Dawson Precision Ice Magwell

- Dawson basepads

- Warren/Sevigny Sights

Edited by Dirtman

on my 34 did the 25c trigger job, added a zev spring kit + a V4 race connector ( trigger spring,safety plunger spring,striker spring) and it feel good.i haven't shot thousands of rounds since that mods so can't really tell about reliability yet. so far so good.

I did exactly what you did, a blue label 35. Hours of fine stoning and polishing, different connectors and springs; nothing got the result I wanted. I finally caved and ordered a Vanek Custom trigger and Jager striker.

Trigger is absolutely insane now, in the #2 range, perfect balance of crispness with just enough travel.

OTOH, I recently traded for a non blue label 34. I just did a polish job and threw in a Zev Striker with 4.5 pound spring and it is VERY nice. So maybe just get a jager striker and maybe a Vanek connector.

Is there really a significant difference between the $250 drop-in triggers (fulcrum/pyramid/etc) and say... picking up a spring kit & connector and polishing the necessary parts yourself?

Is it just the removal of pre/over travel with the $250 triggers or is it a significantly different feel of the trigger pull itself? I've gone the spring kit + connector + polishing route, with my G34 and I have to say that I'm quite pleased with it. Definite improvement over stock. Just found it hard to justify the $250. Plus, it gave me a better understanding of the trigger components. I'd recommend that route (not just for cost, but also just because you learn more about your glock).

By the way, I'd agree with the previous compliment to makereadyproshop.com - great prices, fast shipping. I'm hoping he increases his inventory so I can just go to him from now on for all my needs!

I never did find a completely thorough video or web site that show ALL of the spots that needed polishing/deburring, but if you start watching some of the videos, you quickly get the idea.

I'm new to glerks, but this is the most complete guide I've found.

http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=28

I recently traded in my M&P's for a 17 and a 19. I kept both with the stock trigger but did delete the Gen4 "bump".

Is there a big enough difference? That is what I asked myself for days, before ordering the Vanek trigger and Jager Striker. My 35 with the Vanek trigger (Classic, ordered Striker later) is amazing. It rivals my semi-custom 1911. It was worth the 200+ dollars for that trigger.

On my 34, non-blue label, I just added a Zev striker and #4.5 spring and polished it up. I wanted to keep the potential for the 34 to be used defensively, if needed. Its a good Glock trigger, but it is a world away from my Vanek, literally.

Bottom line, the expensive triggers are worth it. Coming from the 1911 world, they are relatively cheap and very easy to install. I recommend Vanek.

Is there really a significant difference between the $250 drop-in triggers (fulcrum/pyramid/etc) and say... picking up a spring kit & connector and polishing the necessary parts yourself?

Is it just the removal of pre/over travel with the $250 triggers or is it a significantly different feel of the trigger pull itself? I've gone the spring kit + connector + polishing route, with my G34 and I have to say that I'm quite pleased with it. Definite improvement over stock. Just found it hard to justify the $250. Plus, it gave me a better understanding of the trigger components. I'd recommend that route (not just for cost, but also just because you learn more about your glock).

By the way, I'd agree with the previous compliment to makereadyproshop.com - great prices, fast shipping. I'm hoping he increases his inventory so I can just go to him from now on for all my needs!

I've tried quite a few connectors, got a glocktrigges unit and a vanek unit. Save yourself some money. Get the vanek triggers assy. so you can adjust takeup and overtravel. A 4.5lb striker spring, a competition safety plunger spring, a glock -- connector, polish everything and you should be down to a 3lb pull. Forget the 6lb trigger spring,it helps with lessening pull but reset is not as crisp and sometimes your gun won't reset at all. These are the mods I run and my pull is just under 2.5 lbs and the 4.5 striker spring stes off all primers that I have tried. All total I have spent hundreds of dollars trying to get that perfect pull and I could have done it with these few parts. The glock connectors are the best, I have tried ghost, LWD, ZEV. Stay with the oem striker, I tried 2 jaegers broke one after less that 1000 rnds and one made the pull worse. Stay stock as much as you can. Just polish and change springs. The TTI set didn't work for me but others sing praise for it and it is only 40.00 bucks.

I have 49,000 rounds on a Glock with a Vanek trigger and a Jager striker and not one issue with the trigger, striker or pistol yet.

That's good to hear since I have the same setup. How much dry fire do you have on that system? Do you use a snap cap?

Thanks

I have 49,000 rounds on a Glock with a Vanek trigger and a Jager striker and not one issue with the trigger, striker or pistol yet.

That's good to hear since I have the same setup. How much dry fire do you have on that system? Do you use a snap cap?

Thanks

I do not use a snap cap but I do not dry fire much either. I know I should.