Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Easiest Shotgun to Reload

Herbmiester

Guys what is the easiest gun to reload? I like the big long opening of the Versa Max but that lifter does pinch my thumb pretty badly. I found the 930 quite hard to load fast and my Benelli M4 was definately the easiest.

I guess I should say I am going to start learning the twins method so I am not sure if this has any bearing on things.

Edited by Herbmiester

R&R Saiga 12 and I only have to reload it after 20 rounds fired.

As for tube fed guns I think the Benelli Nova since the carrier stays up and out of the way. My M2 from Accurate Iron is very easy to reload. I think if you have the work done pretty much all the shotguns are equal.

Pat

Edited by Alaskapopo

Get the lifter welded on the versa max and you will have the easier loading semi auto shotgun around. I just hit a 4 sec reload (shoulder, to reload, to shoulder) today with mine. I can almost throw the shells into the gun.

I can do a 4 second doing a quad load with the carbon arms FSL12 and I can do a 4.5 second reload with my chameleon twins system. I'll try and get video of the 4 second reload soon. And yes it is with a versa max with a welded lifter.

Edited by nheiny13

Guys what is the easiest gun to reload? I like the big long opening of the Versa Max but that lifter does pinch my thumb pretty badly. I found the 930 quite hard to load fast and my Benelli M4 was definately the easiest.

I guess I should say I am going to start learning the twins method so I am not sure if this has any bearing on things.

It is not something that can be easily judged by gun as you need to look at what can be done to the gun. The carrier latch may need to be tweaked to enable it to load easier. A VM with a welded lifter and tuned carrier latch is way different than a stock VM!

For an untouched gun, Benelli M2. The forend design does not get in the way of your hand and fingers. With a modified port, shell catch, forend, lifter, it's probabaly a tie with the M2 and a VersaMax. The 930 forend, even when modified still hangs down more than the VersaMax.

Benelli Nova with 3 1/2" chamber

And we have a winner! Definately the easiest.

The style of loading does have a bearing, as does your hand size, etc. Of the shotguns viable for the game (autloading 12 guage) I have to give the nod to the VersaMax for TWinS loading.

You were probably only interested in tube fed auto loaders, but here's another vote for the SuperNova. It should be renamed the singularity event, because it just plain sucks in the shells. Versamax will be a good, fast reloader for ya.

Thanks guys this really good info. I will look to get the Versamax lifter welded up, currently it bites me most of the time. I realise that probably the most important thing will be practice and with the twins/Quad method I can see that time spent getting it right here will make all the difference. Still it looks like I have chosen the right tube fed auto-loader.

Edited by Herbmiester