Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I know why my gun was jamming Sunday

BSeevers

....or some super glue? That stuff fixes everything! :D

Yep, been there too. Sheared the lugs off a bar-sto .38 super barrel.

Good luck and hope you get her running before the Nationals.

Edited by Bamboo

Barrels toast obviously.

I'd grind out the crack as be I could then weld it up, then finish grind and polish for fit.

Of course it wouldnt anywhere near as good as new and fitted, but might last 4000 rounds or 400 till it cracks again......sort of a temp emergency fix thing.

But I recognize that most folks lack a welder in their garage, which pretty much negates this option.

BB

If I knew a decent welder I would do that since it would be faster.

Barrel had prob round 50K rds Its just plain fatigue. The ramp hits the frame every time like a small ball peen hammer and it broke from repetition. I shoot light bullets and light springs so it can happen even a little easier and faster.. Kind of a bummer because new one was sent UPS I forgot to upgrade to overnight. Well its up to my smith after he gets it like Tuesday.

I would definitely ask him to look at the frame bridge to see if it is battering there pretty hard. If so, setting that back just a few thou will decrease the chance of this happening again. Matter of fact, I'd probably just run the reamer back there by hand, just to clean up the surface a little anyways.

An Open gun should not be unlocking so violently that it stresses the barrel this hard.

Edited by Braxton1