Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Guys with wide feet......Shoes?

carbonman556

I am looking for a pair of shoes for shooting USPSA matches. I am looking for a trail running/off road shoe that is light and wide foot compatible. The places I shoot have a mixture of grass, sand, dirt, and gravel. I have been looking at Salomon and Inov8 shoes.

http://www.salomon.com/us/product/speedcross-3.html#bas

http://www.inov-8.com/New/Global/Product-View-XTalon-212.html?L=26

Like these^^^^^

I'm not a big fan of baseball and football cleats so I thought I woud go this route. I dont have anyplace local to try them on...thanks for your help.

Edited by carbonman556

I'd look at the Merrell Mix Master, the New Ballance MT110, and the Inov-8 X-Talon 190.

You could also trying browsing the Running Warehouse trail running section.

Also you should clarify, are you looking for 'support' or just wide fit. Some people think they are synonymous <_<

Edited by PistoleroJesse

I found the Merrell (I think MOAB) at bass pro. Was able to try them on. They have wides but they are sized smaller. I typically wear a 11.5 wide I had to get a 12 wide. Very good, light, plenty of traction.

I am also a wide shoe wearer (11.5 6e). The best thing i have found is the New Balance MT series.. Specifically i bought the mt610. Lightweight, good traction and wide..

+1 on the NB MT series. I wear 13 4E. My foot size is 12.5 4E, but half sizes over 12 can be hard to find.

If you do NOT have Morton's Toe (toe next to big toe is longer than big toe), check out the 5-fingers type shoes. If you need cushioning in your shoes, they won't work.

I am also a wide shoe wearer (11.5 6e). The best thing i have found is the New Balance MT series.. Specifically i bought the mt610. Lightweight, good traction and wide..

+1 on the NB MT series. I wear 13 4E. My foot size is 12.5 4E, but half sizes over 12 can be hard to find.

If you do NOT have Morton's Toe (toe next to big toe is longer than big toe), check out the 5-fingers type shoes. If you need cushioning in your shoes, they won't work.

Five fingers are what I shoot in, and wear daily. Accommodate my wide feet fine and if you are a like being barefoot kind of person you will never want to put on another pair of shoes. Not for everyone, but work for me.

I'd look at the Merrell Mix Master, the New Ballance MT110, and the Inov-8 X-Talon 190.

You could also trying browsing the Running Warehouse trail running section.

Also you should clarify, are you looking for 'support' or just wide fit. Some people think they are synonymous <_<

The NB mt's look nice, I might have to try those..

Thanks for the help guys!!!

• 1 year later...

Another Fred Flinstone here...just picked up a pair of the New Balance Minimus series, and I LOVE them!! I also liked that New Balance comes in a D, 2E, 4E, and 6E for those of us that would have previously bought a pair of shoes and just worn the box. The fact that Salomon doesn't offer anything in a wide was somewhat irritating to me, so I'm now a NB fan.

As already mentioned, for super wide feet New Balance is the way to go. Some, but not all, of their shoes are made in the U.S.A. My foot is only a size 10 1/2 long but sometimes have to go to a 12 6E to get a decent fit.

I tried on a pair of my brothers Keens and they do run very wide. That is another option.

I also give my 100% recommendation to Zappos if you don't have a great shoe store near by.