Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DAA Race Master vs Manny Bragg Futuristic Magnetic

Jonathan Taliani

I am currently in the market for another "race" holster. I own the CR Speed, Ghost, and DAA Race Master. My reviews (this is just my opinion/experience) are:

CR Speed:

Pros - None IMO. I really do not care for this holster

Cons - Reholstering, locking mechanism, post sticking out, etc

Ghost:

Pros - Good adjustability, provides a butter smooth release

Cons - Don't like the belt hanger/paddle, feels insecure too me (causes me to hesitate on drawing), too much front to back wobble, locking mechanism isn't natural

DAA RM:

Pros - Good adjustability, provides a smooth release (not as smooth as the Ghost though), rock solid (both locked and unlocked), interchangeable blocks

Cons - Not really many/any for me. If I had to pick one it is that the claw/block occasionally hangs up while reholstering. This causes me to have to pull the gun back out and reholster or manually slide the claw up with the screw on the rear

As my reviews make clear, I really like my Race Master holster but there is always room for improvement. I've read a lot of positive reviews about the Manny Bragg Futuristic Magnetic/SLB Holster. For those that have experience with specifically the DAA RM and Manny's holster, can you compare the two? Does Manny's holster have much front to back play (the deal breaker for my Ghost and my favorite part of the RM)? How is the overall security compared to the RM? Any other pros/cons?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant be more positive about Manny's holster!

With the magnetic bearings, when the guns in its IN. There is no movement. When its locked in its bank vault locked. Draw is butter smooth.

Ive owned Ghost, DAA, Limcat, and a few others and there is no question what so ever - Manny's wins hands down.

I have three RMs, 2 for STIs and 1 for a Glock along with an N frame insert. The STI and N frames all fit perfectly, no issues at all, super smooth, lock up tight and great adjustability. The RM is the best holster I have had (and I've had WSM/Ghost/Bianchi/Safariland/Gugas/Kydex) but the Gugas is very close. If I didn't have the RM, I would still be running the Gugas.

The Glock insert did need some help to get the 34 to be smooth though.

The holster that Manny sells, which was designed and sold in Finland and then the rest of Europe, seems like it may be promising but it is so dog-gone ugly, I don't know if I could be seen with it in public :)

The holster that Manny sells, which was designed and sold in Finland and then the rest of Europe, seems like it may be promising but it is so dog-gone ugly, I don't know if I could be seen with it in public :)

I'm glad to hear someone else say it. I couldn't agree more. :devil: That being said, I'm trying hard to consider it solely based on performance.

Is this the same SLB holster I use for my Tanfoglio that you guys are talking about?

If it is, I love mine, and the looks are not bad fir industrial art:)

Smoother faster draw than the DAA RM, retebtion is excellent, and I think so highly of the holster that a new one is coming for my Apeiro

I played with one of his at the Florida Open early this year. It Is a good holster for sure. I did not want to switch holsters when I was very comfortable with my DAA. Too many matches in the beginning of the year to change things. Good luck. Make sure you get the small pad for the thigh it makes a big difference!

I am currently using one of Manny's holsters. Prior to it I used a DDA Racemaster. I prefer Manny's holster to any I have used in the past. In addition all of the bolts on the holster are steel with steel nuts instead of steel bolts going in to aluminum. It is very easy to tighten down the bolts so they don't come loose without the chance of stripping the threads like you can do in the aluminum if you tighten real tight.

Just got mine installed and did a head to head comparison between a Ghost, Guga Ribas, and my Universal Shooting Academy Holster.

The best part, is that I had other shooters try it who were die hard users of their holsters.

Long story short is that there will be a couple converts :)

I decided that the only way I'm going to be able to put this to rest is to try Manny's holster for myself. I already know and love the Race Master, so it's time to put Manny's to the test. I have mine on the way. Worst case scenario, it's back to the tried and true RM.

Hey JT, if you would please, give us a good review after you get it and run it a few times...Thanks

I decided that the only way I'm going to be able to put this to rest is to try Manny's holster for myself. I already know and love the Race Master, so it's time to put Manny's to the test. I have mine on the way. Worst case scenario, it's back to the tried and true RM.

Hey JT, if you would please, give us a good review after you get it and run it a few times...Thanks

Definitely will do. :cheers:

One thing I did not mention. The holster will retain the gun in its unlocked pisition better than all the other holsters (except the racemaster. They were even) due to the magnets holding on.

Going out to do s'more Bills Drills with it today.

If you are used to a DAA Racemaster/Guga/Ghost you will really love the holster as there is no 'learning curve' to retraIn your draw :)

Edited by Got Juice?

In his typical feat of shipping magic, Manny teleported my new holster into my mail box today! I only had 5 minutes to check it out. I'll post an initial review later.

I will say at the outset, while not as aesthetically pleasing as the Race Master IMO, it looks MUCH better in person than in the pics.

I ordered one of Manny's holsters and have yet to put it on my belt and try it with a gun, but I will say this:

The fit and finish is atrocious. It looks like a 7th grader put it together from scrap parts and forgot to sand anything down. I really can't believe they would send anything out in this condition. If it works great I suppose I can finish it myself, but goodness - what a disappointment.