Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

He-Man National 3-Gun Championship 2013

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just made hotel reservations and checked elevation, found out 6800ft.

Coming from the flat lands, any recommendations on adjusting to the the elevation?

Alpine secrets that apply to flatlanders finding themselves at 6-7000 feet;

When you get here, start pounding water, add a few electrolytes(maybe one can of gatoraide) for good measure. Have a good evening meal if you are shooting the match the next day.

The first full day;

Start with 2 aspirin, have a bit of caffeine or maybe nurse an energy drink throughout the day, take ginger anyway you can stand it. Keep the potassium and salt (sodium & iodine) levels up by nibbling bananas and salty pretzels all day, or a can of gatoraide. 2 more aspirin mid-day.

MOST IMPORTANT! Hydrate! Drink water, lots of it, and when you think you had enough, drink more. Eat good meals and not too much booze, its counterproductive to all the other stuff.

The more time/days you can spend here before the match acclimating the better, following the above stuff every day here. Takes over two weeks to really get into the groove, but following this stuff will help a lot.

Hope that helps!

jj

Edited by RiggerJJ

• 1 month later...

We're going to be working on stages next week, after Superstition.

Just came up with one or two while we were down there this weekend!

We have some great surprises coming your way!

We do have some room left...but we are filling up!

Come shoot at the home of the Original He-Man! We will still have the Eddie Rhodes trophy for top He-Man Iron and He-Man Scope LAW!!

Denise

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations to JJ for winning his divison at the Smm3g this past weekend...... Hope he got a nice prize... Looking forward to shooting in June with you guys... even if it's only in the "wee-man" division.

Whew! Two days tromping around here in Raton...and I found a new gully!!!! :goof: JJ found some nice, big pawprints in the gully that looked like they were following an elk...and there weren't any nails on them! Can you say...here kitty,kitty???

Seriously, we have a seriously good idea about all the stages for He-Man and I think you're going to like them.

You will need a rifle sling, maybe a shotgun sling, too and we're still debating on the buckshot poppers!

Bring your A game and some oxygen! :roflol:

Denise

I posted this on Rocky Mountain, but as far as leaving He-Man Nationals, this is just the information on the new Colorado Laws in case you plan on driving out through Colorado.

At least you'll get all your prizes before the affective date on July 1.

HB 1224, which is a magazine limitation has passed in Colorado.

The He-Man National 3-Gun Championship is in Raton, NM. But, many of you may travel though Colorado to get home. The bill is supposed to go into effect on July 1, 2013.

So, I've asked a bunch of lawyers and any of them attached to the government can't or won't say, and the others have no idea because HB 1224 is so vague. Here's a link to the law: http://www.leg.state.co.us/clics/clics2013a/csl.nsf/fsbillcont/7E6713B015E62E6F87257B0100813CB5?Open&file=1224_01.pdf

Basically, they have eliminated buying, selling or receiving mags that hold more than 15 rounds after July 1, 2013 - when the law is supposed to go into effect.

(2) (a) A PERSON MAY POSSESS A LARGE-

CAPACITY MAGAZINE IF HE OR SHE:

(I) OWNS THE LARGE-CAPACITY MAGAZINE ON THE EFFECTIVE DATE OF THIS SECTION; AND

(II) MAINTAINS CONTINUOUS POSSESSION OF THE LARGE-CAPACITY MAGAZINE

( B) IF A PERSON WHO IS ALLEGED TO HAVE VIOLATED SUBSECTION(1) OF THIS SECTION ASSERTS THAT HE OR SHE IS PERMITTED TO LEGALLY POSSESS A LARGE-CAPACITY MAGAZINE PURSUANT TO PARAGRAPH (a) OF THIS SUBSECTION (2), THE PROSECUTION HAS THE BURDEN OF PROOF TO REFUTE THE ASSERTION.

Most of the Colorado Sheriffs have said that they won't enforce it, but who knows!

That's all I've got. Just wanted to keep everyone informed the best I can!

If you were to choose to fly out of Albuquerque instead of Colorado, or drive around Colorado, I would ask that you write or call those companies you are NO LONGER going to spend money with and let them know why you're not coming to Colorado!

I know, I have not clarified the situation at all. That's all I have!

We do look forward to seeing you in New Mexico though! The stages are plotted, I mean planned out! :devil:

[Bring a rifle sling, for sure...still thinking about whether you need a shotgun sling!

Denise and JJ

Edited by Benelli Chick

Thanks for the heads up.

I don't go through Colorado to get there, but it is/was a nice place to vacation after the match. I guess I could drive through, as long as I already own my mags? Yea, a bit of confusion.

Buckshot on poppers works for me. That really showed all the "wusses" last year that shot "managed recoil" buck. :surprise::sight::surprise:

Two in the A zone on paper also works.

• 4 weeks later...

Anybody from SoCal/arizona going? Thinking about carpooling...

I'm going from Phoenix and had thought about carpooling but ruled it out because we are taking a side trip on the way. If we change our mind I'll let you know, Should be a good trip

Is there any change in the target count from our confirmation? Just want to double check on the ammo prior to shipping it.

Nope! Should be good! Don't cut it too close to the wire! :devil:

You might miss a little!

Denise,

I may miss a lot!

Target count was 125 each, rifle, pistol, bird and 25 slugs. Off the top of my head, I can't recall buckshot.

Note, Denise and JJ go by target count, not round count. As Denise mentioned, I can miss some shots!

Buckshot count from match confirmation was 15.