Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CC recomendation

tracker

I am looking for a smaller option for CC. I am not partial to any make, type, caliber etc. What would the safest be for carrying during "active" activities? Biking, running etc.?

I am a bit partial to 9mm, but ONLY because I load and stock that ammo.

I have and carry a S&W Shield in 9mm. I carry in a fanny pack sometimes or holster other times. The FP would be good for biking but a bit heavy for running. The Sig 938 would be my other choice (for both)if and when I get one for testing.

FWIW

Richard

I've carried: Kahr PM9, Kahr CW9, Keltec P3AT, S&W 642, and currently the Ruger LC9. The Kahr PM9 was the Cadillac of carry guns, but I thought the CW9 would only be a little larger, and a lot cheaper. I had some feed ramp stoppages with the CW9, so I sold it and got the LC9. I love the Ruger. It has been reliable with any ammo I've tried in it, very flat and concealable. Trigger is long, as is the reset, but that does not bother me in a deep concealment carry gun. I still have the P3AT and 642, and carry them occasionally.

• 3 weeks later...

I just picked up a ppq and so far, I love it. It is more of the service pistol size, but IWB feels awesome so far. The triger is the best I have felt as striker fired and I have gone about as far as one can go with glock triggers. Still love glocks, but the PPQ is incredible if you don't mind a larger package. I have the 40, but it comes in 9 also. Being striker fired, there are no external safeties... I don't have a problem with that, some do. The PPQ is also 100% cocked when the slide is engaged, unlike the other polymer designs that complete the cocking as you pull trigger. Reset is amazing for a poly gun.

I use a Bersa Thunder .380 when I want light.

You gotta carry what feels good to you though and what you are the most comfortable and proficient in at the end of the day.