Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Case/Bag recommendation for shotgun

dlouie87

Hello,

I was just wondering what the folks are using to carry their shotguns around. I can see how it can get inconvenient disassembling your benelli or other shotgun by putting it back in the factory case after range time or a match?

I had a pelican for my rifle but I feel like that is just too bulky to carry around. Are there any brands out there that makes a good quality case? I found some from 5.11, black hawk, etc but just want to see what everyone else is running.

-Dan

Edited by dlouie87

I have been using a Condor drag bag for four years now. It is the long one and will hold my 24" Nova or M1 Super 90 and an M1A (or AR10, AR15 with Optic, etc). It has side pouches that will hold small parts, range finder, score sheets, even your pistol if you want. It has carry handles, backpack straps and a detachable shoulder strap. So far, it has held up good.

Hurley

I just got this Galati bag after my Condor Tactical bag started to rip. I was apprehensive about trying out the Voodoo which seemed to be a Condor twin.

The Galati bag fits my 24" Mossberg 930 easily along with my 18" JP. It has a side pocket with adjustable velcro straps that can hold pistols also.

Galati Double Case

4208DBL.jpg

Edited by bagdrag

I have a Safariland 3 gun bag and I love it. It has a lot of room for my long guns and the side compartment has a pistol pouch and pistol mag holders. There are several other compartments for choke tubes, tools, oil, ect... The only downside is it freaking HEAVY when it is loaded down with guns and gear. It even comes with a shoulder harness for backpacking it from stage to stage.

I got one Safariland 3 Gun bag, liked it so much I purchased another one. Both came in handy. I carry my match rifle and shotgun in one bag and back up guns in the other one. There is enough room for magazines, range finders, chokes, etc.

I like the Molle system also. I added extra bags for even more storage.

One of the real advantages of the Safariland bag is the carrying options, from Backpack, to single step, to dual handles.

RM3G is know for it hikes to some stages, having those options is a bonus.

I have a bunch of 5.11 pouches and a Rush 24, it is great to be able to use the Molle system on the Safariland.

I don't work for Safariland, wish I did since I have pretty much standardized on their ELS systems and holsters.

Check Optics Planet for prices. Sometimes Amazon has good deals.