Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Good cars for vertically challenged people

My mom is 4'10" when the gravitational pull of the moon is just right and she has always had to run an extra seat cushion in all of her earlier cars.

Now she drives a mid-late 2000s Toyota Camry, 4-door - no more cushion. The range of seat adjustment on that thing is incredible. It was probably designed with the short Asian market in mind (she is both).

Just a suggestion. Didn't know if you wanted to stay with a Ford.

Edited by lumpygravy

Ya, I'd say MINI Cooper too...but I'm biased cause I have one :P

How tall is your wife? I'm 5 feet & I'm ok driving hubby's F-150 when I have to.

She is 4'11" and I love the sound of trading in for and f150. Thanks

My 2011 F150 has adjustable pedals and the seat has a lot of adjustment. The back of the Super Crew is huge.

How tall is your wife? I'm 5 feet & I'm ok driving hubby's F-150 when I have to.

My 2011 F150 has adjustable pedals and the seat has a lot of adjustment. The back of the Super Crew is huge.

Dan is that a certain option package? I've looked through some ads and don't see it mentioned.

My wife is like 5'2" on a good day and her daily driver is a Nissan Titan 4x4...She loves it! I am going to have to get some of those auto-extending/retracting steps though since she has to jump to get in. Fine now but probably wont work too well if/when she is pregnant lol

It's really a matter of what you are comfortable with as far as vehicle size (seems smaller women generally feel uncomfortable driving larger vehicles). Most new vehicles are "adjustable" enough to people of about any size can drive them.

SWMBO's drivers licence says she is 4'10" . :roflol:

Her Mazda 6 seats five, and has a power drivers seat that adjusts up/down and front/back. Easy for her to get into, good visibility, and she's comfortable driving short or long trips. Since the vertically challenged also tend to have short arms, SWMBO also likes the heat&AC/radio/lights and other control layout, as they are within reach while she's driving.

Grandson's car seat fits into the back, BUT the back seat passengers need to be slim and short legged, when the car seat's installed.

We teat drove a bunch of cars before SWMBO decided what fit her the best. And with kids involved, I am sure that I don't have to tell you that they will want to have some input too. Good luck looking.

My wife says she is 5 ft but I say she is 4 ft 11 1/2 and 97 pounds.

She drives my GMC 2500HD (when I let her) it has power seats so it can get closer and higher to the steering wheel, also drives a Ford Escape (work vehicle) and her daily driver is an Acura TL.

Some vehicles have brake pedals that adjust in height.

Dan is that a certain option package? I've looked through some ads and don't see it mentioned.

My truck is an FX4. I don't recall the packages that it has. It's also equipped with cloth buckets and full console.

Don't forget they change things year to year. A friend has a new Raptor, I don't think it lacks for anything, including a high price tag.

Edited by Dan Sierpina

• 4 weeks later...

My 5'4" wife drives a Ford Fusion daily with no problems. She can also drive my XLT F150, no power seats, no power pedals. She just scoots the seat forward to reach the pedals, and she is good to go. The Focus is a little short on headroom for me at 6'2", but it is her car, her choice. I can deal with my hat rubbing the roof of the car for the limited times I am in it. And there is no shortage of headroom in my truck!