Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger for Gen 4 G35

Robert King

I just came into a Gen 4 G35 on a trade. I already have a G34 that I like a lot, but I figure a G35 is more versatile if I get the 9MM barrel conversion for it. I don't shoot production, so I'm not worried about that. I am noticing that there is still a lot of parts that are not available for the Gen 4's. I was figuring on geeting a Vanek for the G35, but they only offer the Classic for Gen 4's. Who is making the better trigger kits for the Gen 4's now?

I installed a Vanek Classic trigger with a Jager striker in a Gen4 G17 that I am contemplating using as a Production back-up. While it is as light as the same combo I have in a Gen3 G17, I don't think it is as crisp. Note that Vanek is using a Gen3 trigger bar in the Classic regardless of whether it is for Gen3 or Gen4. The feel is definitely different in the Gen4. I have Vanek Super Trigger kits with Jager strikers in both open and limited Glocks, but they are all Gen3's. That combo really works nicely.

Since Charlie is not yet making a Super trigger for Gen4's, I purchased a Glockworx trigger bar alone (the non-production legal adjustable aluminum version) and intend to mate it to the stock ejector housing on my yet to arrive Gen4 G22. That is also going to involve a swap to a lighter aftermarket connector, probably a Ghost 3.5. I have another Glockworx adjustable trigger that seems to work fine now in a Gen3, but only after I sent the first one back and got a replacement. Until Charlie makes a Gen4 Super trigger, that mix and match is an option for the Gen4.

My teammate has a Vanek which is great. I was a little strapped for cash at the time so I did my own. I used the glockworx v4 connector, their spring kit with the stock striker and other parts. Then cut the bump off the trigger bar near the the rise for the firing pin safety and trimmed and polished the nose that contacts the connector. I have a reliable 3.25 lb consistent trigger for a little money. If you screw up the trigger bar they are cheap but go slow and you'll be fine. Most shooters who shoot my gun, even good shooters think it's a kit from someone and are always very surprised and impressed its a home job.

What did you do?

replaced the trigger spring w/ Glockmeister Comp. trigger spring

Before the spring change your trigger pull should have been in the 2# 10oz. range.

3# in my gun.

The oem striker spring set up is very important to me as I dont have reliable supply of Fed primers in my country. Now I can even use Russian primers w/ 100% reliabilty as long as they are seated flush or lower.

Glockworx (Zev) Fulcrum ultimate kit with some polish work after. I need to buy a trigger gauge but pull is as light and crisp as the 1911/2011 triggers of some folks I shoot with (STI/SV etc.). With any trigger kit the key is going to be how smooth the metal to metal mating surfaces are. Best thing with the aftermarket kits are some slight changes in geometry, (in the case of the Zev kit) a wider trigger with a flat trigger safety and adjustment options.

I just came into a Gen 4 G35 on a trade. I already have a G34 that I like a lot, but I figure a G35 is more versatile if I get the 9MM barrel conversion for it. I don't shoot production, so I'm not worried about that. I am noticing that there is still a lot of parts that are not available for the Gen 4's. I was figuring on geeting a Vanek for the G35, but they only offer the Classic for Gen 4's. Who is making the better trigger kits for the Gen 4's now?

Assuming your not using it for carry/ defense. I would go with a 4.5-5.0 lb striker spring, 3.5 lb connector (glock factory - connector)(polished), stock or 6.0 lb trigger spring, polish the crap out of the trigger bar where it contacts the connector, and drill or get a over travel ejector assembly from one of the vendors.

Hope this helps.