Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

A few years back, there was another Area event where the CROs, ROs and staff shot the match on an "un-advertised" date. This was the Thursday before the other scheduled competitors were shooting (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday). Evidently, at this event, the CROs, ROs and staff were disqualified because they shot on an un-advertised date. Since we got wind of this, we wanted to make sure that this didn't happen to anyone at our event. Yes, we have shooting on Thursday, but not everyone will shoot on Thursday - mainly CROs, ROs and staff with the possibility of a few sponsored shooters that need to shoot and work the match.

A2Chic B)

• 5 months later...

The link "worky" now... And, yes - there are really eleven stages - not including chrono.

There will be an on-line registration option. Get your entry in quickly - I've already received 5 today. We are cutting the squads down to 14. We are also limiting the total number of shooters to 350 including staff. ONLY staff will be permitted to shoot on Thursday.

A2Chic

I know this is an old post, but I didn't feel like starting a new one...I can only shoot one more big match this year. How does A2 compare to other Area matches? I have been told its one of the better/best area matches in the states. Worth an airplane ride out west?

How does A2 compare to other Area matches? I have been told its one of the better/best area matches in the states.

It doesn't. It is not only the best Area match, but is arguably THE best pistol match in the country.

Worth an airplane ride out west?

Without hesitation.

Rich

i agree with uscbigdawg - area 2/rio salado championship is definitely one of the best matches of the year - look at previous year's scores , and you will see the number of competitors who make it to this match.

400+ shooters - thats almost as much as the uspsa nationals :D

but with college this fall... i can only make it to area1, area3, and nats.

cya at the next match

- Lee

(Edited 18 July to change links to new server location for Area 2

Area 2 USPSA)

Here are the latest links to all available information for the 2004 Area 2 Championship/17th Annual Rio Salado Desert Classic Match.

Match Flyer & Registration Form (MS Word document)

Match Flyer & Registration Form (Adobe .pdf file)

2004 Area 2 Hotels/Motels

On-Line Match Registration Form

Map to the Range

Thanks to AZ Stats Chic for most of this information. ;)

More information will be posted upon receipt.

dvc

Jerry

but with college this fall... i can only make it to area1, area3, and nats.

I got school also and I'm going ya big sissy!!!!

It will be nice to shoot at home again. Cost benefit with my brother living 10 miles from the range. :D

• 3 weeks later...