Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where to find a Glock 34 Slide

Ronnell

Hopefully someone here can point me in the right direction. I have a Gen4 Glock 35 to use in USPSA production class, but I also want to have a 9MM option as well. I really don't want two different lowers, unless there is a reliability issue caused by using a G35 lower and a G34 upper. So, I started looking for a Glock 34 slide, but, when I contacted "Glock" they told me that slides nor frames are not sold separately. I find that hard to beleive, someone out there must have factory slides for sale, any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Edited by Ronnell

Dont forget that when you change out the .40 upper and run a 9mm upper, you will have to change out your ejector as well.

I've run a lot of rounds through a 35 lower with a 34 slide and vice versa with never an issue. Yes, the ejectors are different but aparently not enough to make a difference.

Dont forget that when you change out the .40 upper and run a 9mm upper, you will have to change out your ejector as well.

I've run a lot of rounds through a 35 lower with a 34 slide and vice versa with never an issue. Yes, the ejectors are different but aparently not enough to make a difference.

This is my experience as well.

If it matters to you, it IS true that the bent-in 9mm ejector will hit the case closer to the primer. That's a potential issue if you hang up and bobble on ejecting a long loaded live 40 round.

This is my experience as well.

If it matters to you, it IS true that the bent-in 9mm ejector will hit the case closer to the primer. That's a potential issue if you hang up and bobble on ejecting a long loaded live 40 round.

exactly why I brought it up. If it CAN happen (even though rare) is the $9.95 that big a deal? Food for thought.

you can buy a nib g34 for 600 and sell the frame complete for 350. Try gunbrokerdotcom.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=301867248

The money is in the slide and receivers normally go for less than $200. The Op. is looking for a Gen 4 slide and both shown are Gen. 3.

If your receiver is bad and Glock does not warranty it they will sell you a new one for $43.

Be aware that you could not run the 9mm upper in Production on your 35 frame.

Very true, despite the fact that, apart from different serial #'s on each part (which also would happen with any legal swap of one G34 slide for another), and swaps of the extractor and ejector (also both legal internal changes) there isn't any way of looking and telling that the the gun is a Frankenstein hybrid of two different models, and therefore not allowed in Production.

Be aware that you could not run the 9mm upper in Production on your 35 frame.

It wouldn't be allowed if it was a 9 conversion barrel in a 40 slide, glock doesn't make that but the lowers are identical. Unless you argue glock never made the 34 or 35 in od green, tan or rtf. Otherwise it's an unenforceable rule really.

All matches run as USPSA matches should follow the USPSA rulebook. As I'm sure Amidon would say (and I believe he has, although I can't find it as a ruling), Glock never made a Glock 35 frame with a Glock 34 slide.

While I disagree that swapping out top ends when a manufacturer's slides and frames are interchangeable (such as in the case of Glocks, M&Ps, XDs, XD(M)s, and, IINM, CZs and Tanfos) should put you out of Production Division, them's the rules.

Frankly, I'd like to see it changed as it disadvantages Californians who already have to jump through hoops to get off-Roster guns. If somebody comes across a Pro top-end for his standard M&P, how is he gaining a competitive advantage over someone that had a Pro from the outset? I just don't see what the problem is in cases where manufacturers make what is essentially a modular gun.

All of this discussion has made my decision both easy and difficult. On one hand I want to shoot the 9MM for the power factor, but I don't want to take a chance of a DQ for a parts violation. I guess I will use a conversion barrel for practice to keep the cost down and if the 9MM proves to be that much better in performance, I will start a new gun (G34). Thanks for your thoughts and opinions.