Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Second Annual DPMS Tri-Gun Match at DelTone / Luth Gun Range in St. Cloud, MN Match has been full for several weeks We have 9 challenging stages and 4 divisions with 150 people shooting in Open, Tactical Iron (LTD), Tactical Optics, and Heavy Metal. Match dates are August 14 & 15. The round count is less than 200 per gun but you should bring this amount anyway. Shotshells will be for flying & stationary clays as well as steel poppers. (also bring along 10-15 slugs) Rifle will have closer targets and out to 200 yds. Match starts very early both days and weather looks like mid 70s. Trophies in each class, Team event, and totally awesome prize table

Bill Sahlberg

2004 DPMS Tri-Gun

thesahlberg7@webtv.net

Range Master

DPMS TRI-GUN SQUADING

August 13 Friday 25 ROs and safety officers will shoot through. The squadig list below was sent to me several weeks ago, some changes have been made since

Squad 1

D. Cheek

K. Haeussinger

R. Brace

F. Wine

Y. Sued

M. Kuhn

P. Kelly

D. LoHoff

S. Wilson

sponsor slot

sponsor slot

Squad 2

J. Miculek

R. Luth

M. Detty

S. Schmidt

N. Bardole

E. Kiesler

M. Buckingham

M. D'Aguanno

M. Voigt

E. Schoppman

C. Nordby

M. Haugen

J. Grambit

Squad 3

B. Piatt

J. Wood

P. Young

L. Bullock

T. Bullins

C. Jordan

E. Lawerence

K. Kubatzke

J. Kubatzke

J. Morgan

S. Morgan

D. Letsch

T. Medlock

Squad 4

J. Clark

B. Parker

S. Griffin

J. Jawor

G. Brown

J. Gilberg

B. Butcher

J. Olson

S. Olson

N. Footh

S. Souther

M. Lerette

R. Evjean

Squad 5

J.Gangl

J. Kempton

C. Pilant

H. Pilant

J. Wilson

J. Church

B. Hartman

W. hartman

J. Juaire

T. Carpenter

C. Bryant

T. Freeman

V. Schmid

Squad 6

A. Greco

L. Nickel

J. Wong

M. Cvetkovich

S. Rutoski

M. Zaporsi

D, Andrews

R. Proudlock

W. Smith

D. Emholtz

B. Simpkins

R. Hollowbrush

L. Tippie

Squad 7

T. Butler

R, Filho

A. Carlson

N. Kalishek

D. Lemke

R. Haffner

J. Falconer

M. Ostrander

M. Himmel

R. Johnson

F. Lopez

B. Bogue

stage sponsor

Squad 8

T. Holmes

A. Smith

D. Grindstaff

G. Bolte

J. Mardoyan

G. Chen

A. Porting

D. Smith

S. Porting

J. Kline

R. Knapper

J. Knapper

P. Tralle

Squad 9

D. Neth

B. Coolie

J. Harmon

M. Barr

M. Clark

J. Darst

W. Holloway

M. Bryom

L. Deine

D. Gray

T. Caspers

G. Knoll

K. Flood

Squad 10

E. Rhodes

R. Wills

V. Carlton

J. Knapp

S. Kukowski

T. Letvin

B. Joersz

M. Carey

C. Wetch

L. Warkins

J. Duffy

B. Magstadt

R. Mahoney

Squad 11

R. Current

C. Current

M. Richman

D. Richman

D. Dougherty

M. Wolf

T. Bredeson

S. Warner

T. Puente

M. Burkett

C. Moots

F. Garcia

R. Batista

Squad 12

G. Higdon

J. Bartolini

S. MacCaughtry

R. O'Neil

J. Koppi

D. Palmer

T. Eich

D. Turnquist

F. Hiemstra

P. Galatis

C. Butler

L. Dwyer

T. Coy

If your name is not above and you now that you are NOT on the waiting list, call Lea @ DPMS. Do not call me as I am in Spokane, WA and not available to her records. If you name is spelled wrong it is probably my typing :-) Be sure to get to the match early both days for early start times.

my personal opinion would be to do that at all major matches. it gives us lower ranked shooters the opportunity to see how the big dawgs shoot a match without "following" them around like pups.

It's good to see Yamil Sued's name on there.  I didn't know he was still shooting actively.

Be sure to bring a case of Whitecastles for Yamil. He whines every time I shoot a club match with him and forget to bring some over from St. Louis. :P

I didn`t get to see a list of everyone overall top to bottom but I`m pretty sure this is how the classes finished.

Taran Butler - Tactical Optics

Bruce Piatt - Tactical Iron

Matt Burkett - Open

Eddie Rhodes - He man

Eddie Rhodes - High overall

Hopefully they will put up a list of how everyone fared.

CS#158

John, that does not mean that the He-Man winner had the highest scores and best times compared to the other classes i.e. Eddie did not best Matt Burkett while using He-Man equipment. It means that Eddie generated the most amount of points in He-Man class and came out with the highest point total as compared to the point totals of the other class winners.

The "Overall" Winner is not a "real" category.

"Official" DPMS Match results will be posted this week both on the BE site and at www.dpmsinc.com. As this years Rangemaster I want this list and everyone to know this match was a success due to many factors but my job was made easy by my shooting buddy and assitant RM, Mark Carbon and the other 26 ROs. Tim Ubl had this well organized and designed some awesome stages and the MN ROs were the greatest team I have seen at any match. We had 5 match DQs :-( not bad for 176 shooters and 23 first time 3 gunners. 2 were dropped guns (holster issue) 2 ADs while loading rifles and one whose sight was 6 feet high at 10 yds almost launching a round over the berm. ALL DQs and those who could not make it like Frank Garcia (last seen paddling his home 30 miles off the Gulf of Mexico) were given a 50% off next year match fees instead of the SOL.

Here is the Official Top 5 in each division. BTW, Eddie was NOT overall Match winner, just highest points in any division as only 5 shot HM

"Heavy Metal"

1. Eddie Rhoades

2. Scott Macaughtyry

3. Tony Casper

4. Mel Kuhn

5. Keith Hauessinger

"Tactical Iron"

1. Bruce Piatt

2. Tom Carpenter

3. Emanuel Bragg

4. Ted Puente

5. Mark Richman

"Open"

1. Jerry Miculek

2. Matt Burkett

3. Michael Voigt

4. Robert Johnson

5. Tony Holmes

"Tactical Optics"

1. Taran Butler

2. David Neth

3. John Gangl

4. Vance Schmid

5. Steve Griffin

Top Women

1. Debbie Cheek

2. Cheryl Current

3. Vckie Carlton

Top Juniors

1. Robert Mahoney

2. Eric Kabatzke

3. Scott Porting

Top Senior

DPMS owner RANDY LUTH :-)

this was an awesome match. The staff at DPMS and the Del-Tone range, and the ro's were great people and made the match what it was. My hat is off to all that worked hard to make this work especially Randy Luth. For everyones sake that didn't go this year, i hope they add more slots because I'm sure everyone there signed the waiting list for next years match!

The only comment i would make would be to work on the scoring and post the entire match results at the end of the match instead of after the fact.