Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SUREFIRE TEXAS MULTIGUN CHAMPIONSHIP

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lots of "freedom" this year, so round count is hard to nail down. Bring 2x the amount mentioned above (rifle 200, pistol 150, birdshot 70, slug 5, buckshot 15) to cover your options.

Here are my numbers for the match, but I decided to use the pistol much more than the shotgun, so your mileage may vary. For the record, I'd say my abilities are average:

• 254 Rifle
  • 249 Pistol
  • 69 Birdshot
  • 0 Slugs
  • 5 Buckshot

Ryan

In retrospect to understand how much choice there is. I used about 150 rounds of pistol ammo and almost 175 rounds of bird shot. I didn't use any buckshot at all. Didn't track my rifle rounds.

Man, I wish I would have known this two weeks ago when I got all my stuff ready. Looks like I'll be gaming my firearm selection a lot more now. Haha. Also, I don't know if any of you out there are getting excited but I'm pretty excited right now! Cannot wait to get to take my first shots of my first big competition, on my first shooting trip during the first vacation I've taken to Texas! Lots of firsts for me, hopefully they're all good, I just have to remember to slather on the ol' SPF albino whole I'm down there.

Lots of "freedom" this year, so round count is hard to nail down. Bring 2x the amount mentioned above (rifle 200, pistol 150, birdshot 70, slug 5, buckshot 15) to cover your options.

Here are my numbers for the match, but I decided to use the pistol much more than the shotgun, so your mileage may vary. For the record, I'd say my abilities are average:

• 254 Rifle
  • 249 Pistol
  • 69 Birdshot
  • 0 Slugs
  • 5 Buckshot

Ryan

In retrospect to understand how much choice there is. I used about 150 rounds of pistol ammo and almost 175 rounds of bird shot. I didn't use any buckshot at all. Didn't track my rifle rounds.

I shot 175 .30-06, 159 .45 Auto , and about 75 shot in WWII. No slug or 00.

Can someone who has shot it already let us know if there is a high round found shotgun stage? Perhaps a more appropriate question would be, How many shotgun shells do I need to be prepared to carry on my person at one time?

Well, I shot open so I had 12 rounds in my Benelli. I never once reloaded any shot shells on the timer... There were a few stages where if I had elected to take optional steel targets with shotgun, I would have been reloading. The stage timeout is 100 seconds this year, plenty of time to hit all the targets but not time for lots of make up shots. Some of the steel is at 25 to 30 yards so if you elect shotgun on them you either need buck or lots of choke or you'll be firing multiple shots at the same steel!

I'm planing to come out as a spectator this year. Is there a schedule saying whos shooting where and what days/time? or would it be best to just come out sunday for the finals at what time....?

Thanks

Can someone who has shot it already let us know if there is a high round found shotgun stage?  Perhaps a more appropriate question would be, How many shotgun shells do I need to be prepared to carry on my person at one time?

The most I had on me on any of the stages was 9 in the gun and 11 extras, I only shot 9.

If your shotgun holds 9 and you don't miss "birdshot only" targets, you would never have to reload a shotgun, unless you want to.

If you can't hit a popper at 20 yards with a pistol but can reload a shotgun like greased lightning, that would be a different story.

Can someone who has shot it already let us know if there is a high round found shotgun stage? Perhaps a more appropriate question would be, How many shotgun shells do I need to be prepared to carry on my person at one time?

I had one stage where I needed 28 rounds in my shotgun and it only held 26 so I put one speed loader in between shooting positions. If you are shooting tac then unless you really hate your pistol I don't see you needing to reload your shotgun at all... :)

I'm planing to come out as a spectator this year. Is there a schedule saying whos shooting where and what days/time? or would it be best to just come out sunday for the finals at what time....?

Thanks

If it anything like last year, squads should shoot five stages Friday, five stages Saturday, and their last two on Sunday.

Check the website for more information.

http://texasmultigun.com/

This may have already been asked but i was wondering if I should throw my cart in the truck or can we park close enough to the stages I won't need one?

Some smart A** guy last year put up a sign 1/2 way to the stages that said " <---- Bataan "

This may have already been asked but i was wondering if I should throw my cart in the truck or can we park close enough to the stages I won't need one?

There is neither parking nor driving room for 300+ vehicles in the shooting area, so please bring a cart. We will not allow access except for staff and sponsors. That does not mean "sponsored shooters", it means sponsors so they can carry in tents, tables, etc.

BTW, the most birdshot I used on a stage was 10 and I could have picked that up with pistol.

Will we be shooting until 8pm?

Hope not. Probably 4-5 pm. After 10 squads per day through a stage, the staff will be ready to go. We will NOT be using our vehicle headlights to illuminate while we shoot. (Don't laugh, had to do it)

Will we be shooting until 8pm?

Hope not. Probably 4-5 pm. After 10 squads per day through a stage, the staff will be ready to go. We will NOT be using our vehicle headlights to illuminate while we shoot. (Don't laugh, had to do it)

And DPS might get a bit upset if we hung a few illum rounds!

I took my golf cart last year. I hate to walk and push or pull a cart all dam day.