Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SUREFIRE TEXAS MULTIGUN CHAMPIONSHIP

Anyone tried to book a room yet? I just tried to book at a few places listed on the TX Multigun website. It appears there is a formula one race track close by and FRI and SAT rates are $300. Anyone know if there is a match hotel or somehwere reaonable to stay?

try Best Western and Comfort Inn and Suites in Burnet, Texas.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone tried to book a room yet? I just tried to book at a few places listed on the TX Multigun website. It appears there is a formula one race track close by and FRI and SAT rates are $300. Anyone know if there is a match hotel or somehwere reaonable to stay?

U da man!!!!

Any good RV parks to stay at close to the shoot?

Looks like this is the closest one.

Can not tell you anything about it, never been there, but it is within 5 miles.

http://www.sunnyhillrvpark.com/

It does not look like much from the road, but it is probably safe. If you go through the thread from last year, there was a park a little farther away, but much nicer.

That would be the MotoGP race and people come from all over the world; Formula 1 is in November. The track is about 50 miles from the range. If it were F1, then rooms would be booked from San Antonio to Waco. :sick:

I try to book a cancellable room even before I sign up for a match, just in case, then cancel if I cannot make it.

U da man!!!!

pm sent

U da man!!!!

pm sent

Chad don't encourage him!

Jim M.

PS Ok, that is where Allan and i are staying. Thanks to Mr. Anderson's advice.

Edited by jimm223

U da man!!!!

pm sent

Chad don't encourage him!

Jim M.

PS Ok, that is where Allan and i are staying. Thanks to Mr. Anderson's advice.

ah, grasshopper! the word that comes to mind is: puto.

I am planning on shooting Tac Heavy for the first time. After reading the rules, the Tac Heavy portion does not specify a min caliber for pistol in this division. Does that mean that 9mm can be used in Tac Heavy?

Thanks,

I believe it has to be at least 9mm.

I would wait for Lee (RulesMeister) to come along and confirm.

I am planning on shooting Tac Heavy for the first time. After reading the rules, the Tac Heavy portion does not specify a min caliber for pistol in this division. Does that mean that 9mm can be used in Tac Heavy?

Thanks,

Correct. 9mm can be used, and it is the minimum for the match. We do not use a strict "Heavy Metal", it has always been "Heavy Tactical", heavy rifle and tactical pistol and shotgun.

4.2 Pistol/revolver ammunition shall be 9x19 or larger.

Thanks,

Correct. 9mm can be used, and it is the minimum for the match. We do not use a strict "Heavy Metal", it has always been "Heavy Tactical", heavy rifle and tactical pistol and shotgun.

4.2 Pistol/revolver ammunition shall be 9x19 or larger.

Awesome! That helps out a bunch not having to shoot 45.

Anybody knows when is a refund deadline for this match?

I have a shotgun that is out of comission and there is not telling when is it going to be ready.

Thansk ahead

Stefan

I asked the same question before I signed up. Sheldon told me March 1st.

Anybody knows when is a refund deadline for this match?

I have a shotgun that is out of comission and there is not telling when is it going to be ready.

Thansk ahead

Stefan

I'm shooting the RO match the weekend before. You are more than welcome to use mine for the match.

Ben

Ben,

Your offer is very generous, thank you. I wish it was that simple.

I'm a south paw and shoot lefty benelli with extended lenght of pull to fit my 6.6' frame and my long monkey arms.

With all that said i may need to try "normal" benelli and see how it would flow for me. Lenght of pull can be easly resolved with slip on pad of something.

I will be coming out for February-March 3 and 2 gun matches at Best of the West so i can maybe play with somebody's shotgun.

Thanks

We're getting close. Just booked a room. Any word on whether there will be food available on site? I'm kind of hoping there will be since my hotel doesn't offer breakfast.

Edited by phm14

Is there any idea on when registration is for the match at the range?

I'm just setting up to book my room and I need to know a rough idea on the schedule

I see the match date is 19 - 21 but is the registration on the 18th during the RO match?

And any idea on when we will finish on the 21st just trying to figure out if I need the room for that night or not.

Thanks

On site check in will be on Thurs April 18th.

I think last year the prize table wrapped up mid afternoon. ( somebody check me on that, I have not had my coffee yet)

If I remember right, and I could be wrong as us RO's were there much later, but the last shooters were through the prize table by about 1530-1600 last year.