Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Classifiers!!!!!!

SRT Driver

It would be cool if they would have the or some of the new classifiers set up at the Nat's and let all the GM's or Top 16 shoot them at the shoot off's and then figure a HHF off the best scores. I would think you could get the HHF quicker doing it like that than waiting for them to filter in over several months.

Cool. If they do it right, it will probably become a slight bit easier to get a GM card in Open.. if you can truly shoot like a GM, and a slight bit harder in Production, L10 and Limited. The big help would be consistency. It would no longer require you to shoot the "right" classifiers.

Of course this requires new HHF's for each and every one. Somebody please tell me Sedro's listening..

To start out, they could just hand the stage diagrams to the top 20 or so shooters and ask them what they could shoot it in. I bet their paper answers wouldn't be off by more than a tenth or two.

A slight bit harder in Production??!?!  Surely you jest!  :o

Weeeell.. assuming you can shoot about M-class well with your choice of blaster, AND have all the information on classifier HHF's, score distributions AND can have whatever classifiers you want set up, it currently is 'easiest' (defined as lowest set of hit-factors needed to 95% on 6 carefully-chosen classifiers) to do so in PD.

I'm pretty sure MM didn't do that.

Has anybody looked at the new classifiers yet? Wow, 03-13 has swingers! I wonder how the new HHF's will be established and how long it will take. Some interesting new stages though....

CM 03-13 will need a bit more detail to ensure it is properly set up. Do we attach two targets to one swinger? do we have to build a special swinger? Do we put two swingers in line? How do we know that the swinger I use at my club isn't very slow or very fast compared to the one you use?

Jim

A slight bit harder in Production??!?!  Surely you jest!  :o

Matt,

I think that shred is calling you a wannabe GM. Are you going to take that???? beatstick.gifPunch.gif

Roy knows better!! :P

Turtle has it right, there is no way at all that 95% of Limited HHF's is fair with minor, 10rds, no magwell, gear behind centerline, etc... Just look at a major match that attracts a lot of talent. Put the Production winners HF's into Limited and see where he comes out. It sure ain't 95%, its more like 85-90%. I've always thought that was a good indicator that the 95% HHF of Limited was pretty unrealistic.

If the HHFs for Production are adjusted, what will that mean to those that already have a classifcation? Would their percentages automatically change? And if the HHF changes, what do you do with the shooters that have already made GM? Make them GGMs or SGMs? Those people have acheived what you all say can't easily be done. They acheived 95% plus of Limited HHF with a Production Gun and gear.

I would like to see perhaps a classifation system that utilizes State Championships, Area Matches and the Nationals to get a "Real" Classification. The average of say 3 finishes at this level would be substituted for your "Book Classifer Percentage" THis way you would have a Real Match Performance" to go by, not a handfull of short no or little movement stages that you can set up and practice.

Not that Grandbagging is a good or even prevelent thing. But if a local match includes only the classifier stage for your classification, it isn't to difficult to realize that some people are able to shoot them just well enough to win their division or class, but not to move up in class. By using only the results of major matches, you would almost completely eliminate sandbagging, no one wants to lose a match to maintain a class, but losing a stage at a local match, not the same deterent effect.

Jim Norman

If the HHFs for Production are adjusted, what will that mean to those that already have a classifcation? Would their percentages automatically change? And if the HHF changes, what do you do with the shooters that have already made GM?

Leave 'em alone. It's about all you can do. Scores shot are scores shot. New scores get measured off a different baseline.

They acheived 95% plus of Limited HHF with a Production Gun and gear.

If I got it right, Matt's saying that overall Prod can't hang at 95% of Ltd. No arguments there. Just that on the 'extra-easy' classifiers, they're well, extra easier for PD.

i received our clubs new classifier book yesterday. looks like they have deleted a lot of old classifiers. yes Xms is gone!!

here's what i found deleted:

cm99-1

cm99-3

cm99-4

cm99-15

cm99-17

cm99-18

cm99-25&26 already deleted

cm99-29

cm99-30

cm99-31

cm99-32

cm99-35

cm99-37

cm99-38

cm99-44

cm99-49

some were really good classifiers, some weren't.

lynn

Anybody but me think that the new max 2 hits/NS rule may give some faulty classifications with the new classifiers?

It won't matter in the A-GM classes, but some of the lower classes may have a false sense of accomplishment if they shoot very many of the new classifiers.

Now Tim, We don't want to upset anyone by dinging them more than 2 NS hits do we? Some people on this forum think that that would send them home to mommy with tears in their eyes.

Opps sorry, wrong reason. We only score two hits ona scored target so what reason is there to score more than two hits on a NS?

Humor mode now swithed off, please note that this is directional humor and not directed at you.

In truth I agree 100%, A Mike is a Mike, it conceivable hit nothing and no one, but a hit on a NS is a Hit and should be scored. There is a long TFH regarding parity in scoring NS and Shoot targets, I don't buy into that argument.

There are going to be a lot of people that will score not as bad as they would have with some of the new Classifers because of this rule.

Jim Norman

They acheived 95% plus of Limited HHF with a Production Gun and gear.

If I got it right, Matt's saying that overall Prod can't hang at 95% of Ltd. No arguments there. Just that on the 'extra-easy' classifiers, they're well, extra easier for PD.

You got that right. If it is a classifier like Bang & Clang, that one is super easy with Production gear, with the minor ammo and no recoil.

I got the new classifier book yesterday and overall I'm really pleased with it. Seems to be a larger number that can be setup fairly easily with 1 person.

I've never setup, or shot any of the prop-heavy or shooting box-laden classifiers from the old book at my match or other local matches, so it's good to see stages that will actually be seen at a match. I haven't checked yet, but I'm hoping the old "simple setup" classifiers are still there.

Whoa, they got rid of the King of Grandbagging Classifiers, 99-32, Indoor Rapid Fire Standards. :o

I think my club just might get that in again this year..... AAMOF, in a burst of nostalgia, we're gonna see just how many of these we can shoot just one more time....