Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Classifiers!!!!!!

SRT Driver

thread drift:

why do our classifiers not reflect our sports movement?

There is hardly any movement in teh new ones. It still seems the idea is to have the coolest name for your classifier, but put up the same three target array as the guy before you did.

Even as simple as two boxes separated by ten yards left and right. Put a popper in front of each one and four targets in the middle at varying ranges or partials. Start in either box, shoot a popper haul to the other box, get that popper. Shoot the targets anywhere in between.

We need easy to set up field courses to test shooting on the move. The sport has evolved away from all stand and shoots and box to box sprints, why don't our classifiers?

i received our clubs new classifier book yesterday. looks like they have deleted a lot of old classifiers. yes Xms is gone!!

here's what i found deleted:

cm99-49

Ahh! I loved Speed-E-Standards!

Anybody but me think that the new max 2 hits/NS rule may give some faulty classifications with the new classifiers?

It won't matter in the A-GM classes, but some of the lower classes may have a false sense of accomplishment if they shoot very many of the new classifiers.

if you hit a no shoot more than twice, it just doesnt seem possible that youre going to end up with anything more than a D, or pretty low C percentage. two no-shoot hits will cost you 50 points. hit it a 3rd time and you just lost 15 more points (new rules-instead of 25 based on old/current rules) so youre either down 75 points (old rules) or 65 points (new rules). either way, youre not going to be too happy with that performace! :(