Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Another bad first.

The other day I posted about a primer going off while reloading which was a first for me. Well today I filled a primer pickup tube and turned it over and watched all of the primers fall on the floor because I did not put the keeper pin back. Now that sucks! :angry2:

I always check for the keeper pin before filling primer tubes and replace it immediately after emptying the primer tubes. I'm pretty carefull about it also while handling the tubes after filling. As I have accidently caught the pin when picking the full tube out of my rack of filled tubes and doing just what you did dumped 100 primers on my bench and accross the floor. It sucks trying to find them all afterwards.

I have always replaced that pin religiously every time I put the primers into the machine.....except for that one time! :unsure:

Thankfully I realized before I turned it completely over, so I only dumped about 60 of them. Found all but one.

Have not done that yet and hope I never do.

I did knock about 40 rounds apart today though. Had a bee buzz me and distract me as I was loading. Had a case fall into the hopper without a bullet so the powder spilled out. I saw this at the same time as the next round dropped through the chute and into the container underneath. (I use a piece of PVC to direct the loaded rounds into a larger container). So I wondered if I had mistakenly advanced the plate without working the handle, so therefor the last round to drop did not have any powder in it.

Knocked them all apart and they all had powder, I just forgot to place a bullet on the one case. I was lucky in that I had just started getting into the rhythm so I only had about 40 in the container.

The other day I posted about a primer going off while reloading which was a first for me. Well today I filled a primer pickup tube and turned it over and watched all of the primers fall on the floor because I did not put the keeper pin back. Now that sucks! :angry2: