Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What gun on what competition

chinook

9mm Para in Production.

.40 S&W in Limited.

.38 Supper in Open.

Maybe you have a more specific question? I almost feel like we are being trolled for the next gun to get media drive by'd and create a stir... But it's early on Monday and I'm always cranky then...

Edited by PistoleroJesse

Prodcution CZ SP01 Shadow Custom Target or Glock 34 (9 mm Lugar) or 35 which ever one is the 9 mm. Competition XDM starting to show promise.

Limited STI Edge or Similar in 40 S&W

Open - STI Custom built and fit to the Shooter in 38SC

Limited 10 - See Limited

Single Stack - High End Kimber in 45 ACP

Revolver - Custom Built and Fit to Shooter in 45 ACP.

Edited by CocoBolo

In Canada IPSC:

Production: 6/10 are CZ SP01 Shadow, remaining 4 are a mix of Glock 17/22, S&W MP9, Beretta 92 and SIG 226. 9mm are the King

Standard: Mostly all 1911/2011 customs, STI and Para, .40s&w are the king

Classic: Too new to tell, but Kimber & STI seems to dominate, no dominant caliber here.

Open: Custom based on 2011 frames, some Glock and CZ, 38 super and 9mm major dominate here.

Revolver: Not so many there, but mainly S&W 625 / 610 (45 or 10mm), customised.

• 2 weeks later...

Most recent match at my club, 2 of the 10 in my squad had never heard of CZ. We had 15 production shooters, I'd bet that 12 were shooting Glock. Probably the most popular production gun by far, not for me though. Quite a few guys shooting limited with a Glock too, but for the most part the STI/SVI guns far outnumber all others in Limited. I think we only had two SingleStackers, so I can't say what's popular with them. I was a little surprised at how few M&P shooters I saw, only 2 or 3 since I've started shooting at this club, I guess I expected a fairly mixed field as far as equipment. Totally not the case though. Glocks and Safariland ELS's just abound everywhere.

Just find a pistol that you like to hold, feels natural in the hand. But you really need to pick a division first, then pick the equipment to run in that division.

• 3 weeks later...

STI and SVI on open and limited divisions. Varies in production, glocks, XDs, CZ, beretta, sigsauer. Single stack...colts, kimber, springfields.

Don't forget M&P in production (at least one) :D