Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Why no DOH allowed in SS?!?!?

dskinsler83

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My apologoes sir I do thank you for the explination it's greatly appreciated I didn't mean to over look your reply and I didn't. I just think it'd be nice to have the choice instead if the ass whole type responses of if you don't like it shoot l10 I know what the books say I was just curious as to why and now I I know thank you again

Actually - the only a(( whole response I'm seeing is this one. L10 is a legitimate option to provide a competitive field for a DOH holster. It's a legitimate solution to the problem you present. If it is indeed a physical limitation issue, those issues are addressed in the rules. If it's a "i'm faster with a DOH holster" - the problem is what exactly? Train and become faster. The division is a traditionalist effort, and that tradition has been established as front strap above belt. If you do not want to shoot a traditionalist division, then don't. But don't make the effort to change the tradition to something because you want it that way. As someone said, bull barrels and the box lend to that tradition as well...

BTW, you see plenty of people very near an appendix carry in open and a few in limited. It exists in USPSA, though I see a very good reason not to if you are facing any start towards your left.

My apologoes sir I do thank you for the explination it's greatly appreciated I didn't mean to over look your reply and I didn't. I just think it'd be nice to have the choice instead if the ass whole type responses of if you don't like it shoot l10 I know what the books say I was just curious as to why and now I I know thank you again

Actually - the only a(( whole response I'm seeing is this one. L10 is a legitimate option to provide a competitive field for a DOH holster. It's a legitimate solution to the problem you present. If it is indeed a physical limitation issue, those issues are addressed in the rules. If it's a "i'm faster with a DOH holster" - the problem is what exactly? Train and become faster. The division is a traditionalist effort, and that tradition has been established as front strap above belt. If you do not want to shoot a traditionalist division, then don't. But don't make the effort to change the tradition to something because you want it that way. As someone said, bull barrels and the box lend to that tradition as well...

BTW, you see plenty of people very near an appendix carry in open and a few in limited. It exists in USPSA, though I see a very good reason not to if you are facing any start towards your left.

How do you figure asking bout it and then mentioning bringing it up as an "OPTION!!!!" for god sakes change a tradition? If YOU didn't want to use it and it WAS approved then YOU wouldn't have to use it! Good gracious fellas lol it's a choice that isn't even in the books but it would be a choice if it where in the books....but it isn't but i think it's be nice to have the option...that's it. Yes pls close this one down it's getting crazy

If you never touch the screw on the tension then yes your tension will always be the same. If you adjust it per stage requirements then no your constantly changing it and its not consistent.

That assumes that the tension is never repeatable, ever, which would indicate that even without adjusting the tension it would vary, because the only thing that's changing is the bend in the kydex. Since you change the bend in the kydex each time you draw or reholster, it would never be the same for you, either.

But that assumption is false. I have the ability to count turns, and I do it. It's repeatable and consistent. Thus, again, your statement is false.

How do you figure asking bout it and then mentioning bringing it up as an "OPTION!!!!" for god sakes change a tradition? If YOU didn't want to use it and it WAS approved then YOU wouldn't have to use it! Good gracious fellas lol it's a choice that isn't even in the books but it would be a choice if it where in the books....but it isn't but i think it's be nice to have the option...that's it. Yes pls close this one down it's getting crazy

So I would like to have the "OPTION!!!!" to use my Limited 2011 in Single Stack. I'm not saying YOU have to but I would like to.

It's an equipment rule. Limits need to be set. That's where this one was set. You've heard the reasoning why. For the same reason a weight limit and restrictions on modifications were placed in the rules. To try and set up a division that wasn't a complete race gun division.

If you never touch the screw on the tension then yes your tension will always be the same. If you adjust it per stage requirements then no your constantly changing it and its not consistent.

That assumes that the tension is never repeatable, ever, which would indicate that even without adjusting the tension it would vary, because the only thing that's changing is the bend in the kydex. Since you change the bend in the kydex each time you draw or reholster, it would never be the same for you, either.

But that assumption is false. I have the ability to count turns, and I do it. It's repeatable and consistent. Thus, again, your statement is false.

Through law school yet?

Assuming all things are same if never changed then my holster is the same always. Where using te same logic once you touch the adjustment knob and turn it you can't get it exactly back into the same spot.

Using that theory my setup is logically more concistent than the way you do yours.

Through law school yet?

I am, thanks.

Assuming all things are same if never changed then my holster is the same always.

You seem to be missing the point that each time you insert and remove the gun, the holster flexes, which changes the dimensions. If it doesn't flex the same, for whatever reason, it's not the same. Add in heat, wear, etc., and the holster is never the same. The question is how much different is it? Not much.

Where using te same logic once you touch the adjustment knob and turn it you can't get it exactly back into the same spot.

Exact doesn't matter. 1/8th of a turn on a 32 tpi screw equates to a variance of .004" in the position of the kydex. It's certainly not noticeable to me (and I'd say I get within 1/16th of a turn).

Using that theory my setup is logically more concistent than the way you do yours.

Speaking of logic, there's a difference between inconsistent and a modicum of greater consistency. If you can tell the difference and it bothers you, I'm shocked you can shoot at all as the velocity variation in each round you fire must completely discombobulate you.

If you want to keep shifting the ground of the argument, be my guest, but the point remains: adjusting the tension ≠ inconsistent.

I can't believe this went another page. LOL.

It was a legit question, regardless of why it was asked. We got a reply from the guy who would know...as well as some extra info.

The a--hole comments (literal and figurative) are not welcome.

Closed, for now. If you have new info for the thread, let me know.

-admin.

Flex, do you live in a barn? You forgot to close the door! :roflol:

And to think I was the first one to request a thread to be closed.

Oh how times have changed :roflol:

Welcome back, Jay, and yes I was shocked to see you make that request!

:lol:

CLOSED (as Flexmonkey intended)