Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best M2 Build? Taran Tactical? Redneck Tactical? Other Options?

bobby hated

Oh Jeez!

FYI, I just voted for triangle. Why? Because Benny is my buddy, and if I get even just one shotgun more than he does, just because of this fanboy thread, I couldnt live with myself. lol!

He's also got more mouths to feed in his shop; so if its a tie between me and Benny; please send it to him. I dont want to see him ever have to buy a Prius.

As much as I appreciate the kind words and support, you guys should know that these answers are opinions; some informed, some not-so-informed. Im proud to say that both Kurt and Benny have taught me a few things. We all for the most part do the same things, each with our own twist on what's optimal.

btw, what the heck is "accurate"? Accurate what?? See, the polls rigged.!!

hey mike i sent you a email but you havent responded yet. youre the only person i havent talked to so far. so im looking forward to hearing what your package is and to get a quote from you.

best

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I re-read all of these post and I still can't find where folks are giving negative reviews of Taran's stuff. Taran and I have spent countless hours talking about shotgun builds etc. as I have with Mike and Benny, so when I say there really isn't any choice btween them I mean it....they ALL ARE GREAT!!!!!

DITTO!

I don't know where anyone said something negative about Taran either. I like the hell out of him and I know he has separated from Salient some time ago. I only based my comment on the fact that I have not handled one of his guns but I have handled AI's from Mike, so I can only comment on things I have first hand knowledge about. I prefer that method over talking out of my ass about what guns suck and which ones are great even though I have never seen or held one. I know Taran was key in the design of my Salient M2 and it kicks ass. I would like to see and shoot one of his own shotguns and rifles so I can speak with hands on experience about his guns.

Edited by Sgtsvi

So im looking forward to hearing what your package is...

best

I think Mike would rather show you his package than tell you about it.

Mike worked on my shotgun and I love it but thank god he never offered to show me his package :surprise:

I don't know where anyone said something negative about Taran either. I like the hell out of him and I know he has separated from Salient some time ago. I only based my comment on the fact that I have not handled one of his guns but I have handled AI's from Mike, so I can only comment on things I have first hand knowledge about. I prefer that method over talking out of my ass about what guns suck and which ones are great even though I have never seen or held one. I know Taran was key in the design of my Salient M2 and it kicks ass. I would like to see and shoot one of his own shotguns and rifles so I can speak with hands on experience about his guns.

it was just people i shoot with or people i've overheard at bigger matches. certainly not worth reiterating on the internet. when youre good at something, people are gonna hate you for it. i would have erased that paragraph out of my original post, but apparently the software on here doesnt let you edit the OP after a certain amount of time. i didnt mean to imply that i agree with anything negative i've heard. quite to the contrary. taran was super cool to me when i went over to his place to check out his build and spent something like 45 minutes with me explaining things to me and letting me test fire it.

i really do want to support taran because he's just starting his company up and it would be great if i had one of his builds because im a regular at the local outlaw matches and i squad with alot of different people and im on the internet all the time, so i could spread the word about the company for him. i think my ultimate decision is really gonna come down to a cost vs. number and quality of modifications ratio.

So im looking forward to hearing what your package is...

best

I think Mike would rather show you his package than tell you about it.

Mike worked on my shotgun and I love it but thank god he never offered to show me his package :surprise:

ha ha got me! :sight:

it was just people i shoot with or people i've overheard at bigger matches. certainly not worth reiterating on the internet. when youre good at something, people are gonna hate you for it. i would have erased that paragraph out of my original post, but apparently the software on here doesnt let you edit the OP after a certain amount of time. i didnt mean to imply that i agree with anything negative i've heard. quite to the contrary. taran was super cool to me when i went over to his place to check out his build and spent something like 45 minutes with me explaining things to me and letting me test fire it.

i really do want to support taran because he's just starting his company up and it would be great if i had one of his builds because im a regular at the local outlaw matches and i squad with alot of different people and im on the internet all the time, so i could spread the word about the company for him. i think my ultimate decision is really gonna come down to a cost vs. number and quality of modifications ratio.

Sorry if I come across as an ass but it seems to me as though you are simply looking for the lowest price and reasons to justify being cheap. Don't people know what actual "value" is anymore? Support the local guy when possible, he might still be there when you need him. It's a bonus that "local" Taran is one of the few best in the business. You already know he is super cool to you when the two of you interact, he is also willing to take time with you to familiarize you with his product. Both of those will probably carry over if you have an issue. That's good, it directly relates to peace of mind and lack of buyers remorse. Good service is worth every penny and you have already started with it. Any money/taxes you save on an out of state dealer is gone the minute you have to ship it back out of state for an issue and then your bargain just lost what "value" you perceived from the minute amount of initial savings. The real value is having peace of mind, good service and a repair/warranty fix a small drive away. I have been shipping just shotgun parts to TX, I love the work but hate the postage and the wait. If you really do want to support Taran then do so :cheers: I selfishly wish Trapr, kurtm, Benny, Mike or Taran lived in AZ.

edited for tone: tubes rule!

Edited by carbon9

Just shut it down. No one hates Taran because he's good at something. That's just idiotic. Taran needs you like a hole in the head. He's one of the most respected shooters ever to strap it on. Especially in Southern California. I think he is the last Jeff Cooper Certified Combat Master. If you don't know what that is, ask at all the outlaw matches you shoot. You sound like you don't know what you want, don't know what you want to want, and are like a you know, a time waster. If Taran gives you a gun and says it s good, it s good. Maybe like get off the Internet all the time and go shoot somewhere, so you actually know what you might be talking about. Or just move to Chatsworth and get a Harley instead.

Just shut it down. No one hates Taran because he's good at something. That's just idiotic. Taran needs you like a hole in the head. He's one of the most respected shooters ever to strap it on. Especially in Southern California. I think he is the last Jeff Cooper Certified Combat Master. If you don't know what that is, ask at all the outlaw matches you shoot. You sound like you don't know what you want, don't know what you want to want, and are like a you know, a time waster. If Taran gives you a gun and says it s good, it s good. Maybe like get off the Internet all the time and go shoot somewhere, so you actually know what you might be talking about. Or just move to Chatsworth and get a Harley instead.

I hate Taran because his hair is so thick. Jealousy breads hatred. I can't stop it. Now where is my hair club for men card?

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

I hat Taran because his hair is so thick. Jealousy breads hatred. I can't stop it. Now where is my hair club for men card?

Dam, I forgot to return it, didn't help anyways. When I called and tried to use it she said and I quote, "Mister T, as I have told you one hundred times before, we are hair care professionals, not miracle workers!" :surprise:

I've had some bolt work done to my Benelli by Mike @ AI and it turned out great. I love it. Of the 4, I voted for him as its the only work I've had done anyone else since I bought the gun.

I have one built by Mike Cyrwus at Accurate Iron

It is awesome. I think it comes down to personal preference. I can certainly vouch for Mike and his work. I think there are a lot of guys here who have either his or one of Benny Hill's M2.

I agree the M2 Mike did for me is amazing.

Pat

• 10 months later...

I just got my TTI M2 from Taran. This thing is absolutely awesome!!! I have shot a few of the other guys' Benellis and they are all great in my opinion. It is hard to argue against any of them. But I have, would, and will again buy from Mr. Butler.

• 2 months later...

I ordered mine from TTI back in June. I did not vote as I have not personally runs the other guys stuff. I went with TTI based on advise from the Team Noveske guys. Ordered in early June, anxiously awaiting delivery. Taran personally took my call and worked through the order process with me. He seems like a heck of a nice guy. Rick