Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

cerakote............

joedodge

A good friend of mine is getting into doing cerakote. This stuff is tough as nails and lays on slick, all the revos look the same stainless, a few diff sights and cylinder releases, oh ya pick the grip you like but I wanted mine to have personality. We sprayed it to be outragous and have people speechless and it turned out bad ass............may not be for everyone its loud and the colors dont match people say but thats what I wanted. Its not for everyone but hey im not a gun collector I shoot my hammers and dig how it looks just thought Id share.

Ahoy Joe,

Interesting! :surprise: Never considered a treatment like that. I'll be curious how well the finish holds up on the cylinder. Just out of curiosity can the finish be removed if there's a problem?

My foot issue is just about back to full throttle. Maybe a couple of weeks. Haven't shot since the first of January and really looking forward to getting back. I notice you went back to the stock cylinder release. So did I. Kept dragging the release in the slot. Seems I couldn't master the straight push with the Hogue or Cal Comp pieces.

Ya its interesting lol, this stuff is tuff it will wear at points from holstering eventually. The front of the cylinder is nice lookin but it wont last long i expect it to hold up well everywhere else. removing it well thats tricky its pretty much resistent to all chemicals and oils even acetone you would have to aluminum oxide blast it off in a blast cabinet thats how it was preped a goooooood degreasing and then in the blast cabinet it gos. the stock release is faster than the hogue for me and the hogue was digging into my thumb pretty bad. Hope the foot gets better soon the state match is coming up we need all the revos we can get.

Ya its interesting lol, this stuff is tuff it will wear at points from holstering eventually. The front of the cylinder is nice lookin but it wont last long i expect it to hold up well everywhere else. removing it well thats tricky its pretty much resistent to all chemicals and oils even acetone you would have to aluminum oxide blast it off in a blast cabinet thats how it was preped a goooooood degreasing and then in the blast cabinet it gos. the stock release is faster than the hogue for me and the hogue was digging into my thumb pretty bad. Hope the foot gets better soon the state match is coming up we need all the revos we can get.

My SS has a full season and about 15000 rounds through it. Only signs of wear is on the points of the tri-top up front and a spot on the barrel. Everything else looks as good as the day I got it! I now have 2 CZ shadows done.....not so plain :devil:

Cerakote is hands down one of the best coatings out there. There isn't any coating that I know of that you can coat like my CZ are and it not come off in a few days. Stuff holds oil and lasts! :cheers:

Ya it lays on really nice I like it much better than the stainless and its durable I'm sure the cylinder won't hold up and the front of the barrel from holstering in a kydex holster but hell ill make it a different color then