Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FN FNS-9 Competition

That is a pretty sweet looking setup! The FN boys and girls are already driving the little brother of this gun with impressive results. This long slide version could be really good for the 3-gun game. Rumor has it that extended base pads are already on the way too.

I had a FNX and got rid of it due to the lack of support. Nice gun, but at that time you couldn't get a decent holster. 5" barrel is nice, but no FO front sight, non adjustable rear, no magwells. Try to find aftermarket sights for a FNH. I'll stick with my XDM 5.25 for now.

I have shot the standard FNS-9 and that thing is sweet! It doesn't need a trigger job, but with one it would be tough to beat. The opening on the magwell is pretty darn big, the gun indexes real well and it's plenty accurate to boot. I will definitely be getting the 5" model when it's released.

I had a FNX and got rid of it due to the lack of support. Nice gun, but at that time you couldn't get a decent holster. 5" barrel is nice, but no FO front sight, non adjustable rear, no magwells. Try to find aftermarket sights for a FNH.

Hang tight, all this is changing. This gun is worth people putting the effort into aftermarket parts. Sights, base pads, mag-well … they are all coming, and not too far down the road. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I own an FNP45 that is without question my favorite polymer gun. I don't use it in competition, but it's an outstanding gun. I currently own an XDm45 and an XDm40, a Ruger SR9 and I've owned a Glock 31 and an M&P 40, and I much prefer FNP models to any of the other polymer guns. FNH is making some excellent guns.

I had a FNX and got rid of it due to the lack of support. Nice gun, but at that time you couldn't get a decent holster. 5" barrel is nice, but no FO front sight, non adjustable rear, no magwells. Try to find aftermarket sights for a FNH.

Hang tight, all this is changing. This gun is worth people putting the effort into aftermarket parts. Sights, base pads, mag-well … they are all coming, and not too far down the road. :)

I hope so, the more manufacturers out there the better. I'm not going to try to re-invent the wheel here, someone else can do the hard work. I'll stick with my XDM's and 1911's for now. If and when FNH gets there program together, I'll be back. I also own a FNH SLP and am very happy with it, I'll use whatever works!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I hid some posts that were made yesterday/today that were clearly trolling to try and get the discussion going again that got at least three threads locked down.

Lets not get another thread locked on this topic.

Edited by Pat Harrison
I did some further clean up and merging.

Admin. note: I did some further clean up and merging.

Some are wondering why we can't talk about the subject here? RTFM.

We tried to have legit discussion a few times. People kept breaking the forum rules (some on purpose...).

If you have any questions on this, send them to me now.

Kyle F.

Forum Administrator