Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

$22 M&P Mags - 9mm/40/45 - Real Deal

KSwift

I read somewhere else in this forum, someone posted about Botach Tactical selling M&P mags for the ridiculously low price of $21.98 & free shipping, and everyone chimed in about how Botach scammed them before.

Well I don't know about yalls past experiences, but I saw that deal and decided to give it a go, since $22 is SUSPICIOUSLY CHEAP. My unagi tells me dealer cost on these mags is $27.99 & $30.95 at two major distributors, so if any of you are gun stores, you ought to be making a small investment.

I ordered on Tuesday, that's right, just 2 days ago, and I got my mags in the mail today.

(2) brand new factory S&W 9mm 17-rd mags. With matte finish and #9 followers, for those of you suspicious. I was actually kinda hoping for the polished ones, but oh well.

*disclaimer* I have no relation to Botach Tactical and am not trying to push them at all. Just saying, I got a SCREAMING deal and lightning fast shipping, and if I still had my gun store, I'd probably be ordering another 100 to resell.

post-40599-0-66217200-1339127721_thumb.j

I have also made three orders from them and all transactions went perfectly. The last set of mags I ordered I received an email immediately telling me they were backordered and asking me if I preferred to wait or cancel the order. I asked how long and within 10 minutes had an estimated timetable that proved accurate when the mags arrived a few weeks later. I have 7 mags from them and they are all genuine S&W 9mm mags.

so long as they have it in stock, transactions go well. otherwise it's a crap shoot whether or not you'll get them in a timely fashion. i believe that's the major issue with them.

FWIW, i've placed orders with them for some things and have gotten them in less than a week. i've also placed orders where it took months and still nothing to show for it so ended up cancelling the order.

if they have the mags in stock, i'd jump on it before they run out of stock.

Mine took about a month to arrive. When I got the cancel or wait email I thought that I had been scammed but decided to wait it out and I'm glad I did. I don't remember now when they ran my credit card - at order or at shipment.

I ordered .45 mags and got them quick.

I guess they are improving, in the past you had no idea things were backordered… or that they canceled your order.

Okay… here's a question. Are these mags blems or something? I've seen a good number of M&P's but never paid enough attention to the mags themselves. Has anyone seen mags like this before? I haven't. The ones of the left are the ones that came from Botach. The two on the right are some that came with with gun.

As long as the function and aren't rust city in short order I really don't care, just never saw any this color before.

mags.jpg

Another interesting note, those marks on the left side aren't really visible to the naked eye. When you look at them square on you can't see them. If you hold them at an angle you can see them but they just look like shiny spots. Under the flash the look like pen marks.

Edited by cas

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered a shirt two weeks ago and never got any kind of e-mail. Nothing about back ordered or whether it was shipped.

Finally got on the Live Chat today with someone and they said it was back ordered with no eta. I canceled but wish they would have told me something up front. They said I would get a credit in a few days. I would have thought that would have been computerized.

Edited by ttyndall

I ordered four 10 round M&P 45 mags for $21.95 and four of the 14 round M&P 45 mags also for $21.95. Could not believe they would sell the 14 round mags for same price as 10 round mags. Got them in 3 days!

I'm 0 for 2 with Botach and having things in stock, but this thread is basically identical to any you can find that mention them. Either low prices and fast shipping... or endless backorder and limited communication.

I was told by someone I trust that if you call first, you won't run into problems-- or at least not surprises. ;)

they could fix 90% of their CS issues by updating their website and have it linked to their inventory database.

Having been in the Internet retail industry in the past, this is not as sims as it sounds. It probably requires completely new inventory/website software. A big expense and manpower problem for a company operating at very slim profit margins.

Personal note... Had to wait about 3 weeks for my mags utjust got the email today saying they shipped! Now I just need an M&P shield and I'll be complete!

I received my 2 mags within a week and I looked at them tonight. They look like cas's mags on the right. Dark "blue" just like factory EXCEPT they have a new base plate retainer configuration. Instead of a round hole in the middle of the base plate and a steel retainer these mags have a square hole with rounded corners near the rear of the base plate and a plastic retainer that snaps into it. The followers are beefier with longer tail pieces too.

Does anyone know when this change took place?

I haven't kept up on the different modifications to the M&P 9mm mags.

Unfortunately I do not have a way to upload photos right now.

I received my 2 mags within a week and I looked at them tonight. They look like cas's mags on the right. Dark "blue" just like factory EXCEPT they have a new base plate retainer configuration. Instead of a round hole in the middle of the base plate and a steel retainer these mags have a square hole with rounded corners near the rear of the base plate and a plastic retainer that snaps into it. The followers are beefier with longer tail pieces too.

Does anyone know when this change took place?

I haven't kept up on the different modifications to the M&P 9mm mags.

Unfortunately I do not have a way to upload photos right now.

Those ARE the new M&P Mags

Those ARE the new M&P Mags

Obviously. But when did the change occur?

What is the nomenclature of these?

"Gen 2"?

"Type 2"?

I've never seen them referred to differently. My m&p was manufactured in December 2010 and purchased July 2011 and it came with the new type.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2