Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1911 slide lube

LRRP

I use grease on all of my guns. Oil just runs off. If you're using oil and your gun runs, I suspect that it'd also run completely dry.

I lube my gun, take it to the range and shoot 500 rounds.

My gun is still wet with lube when I'm done.

Not dry, you're suspicions are not founded, at least in my case.

I've never seen a gun that would run completely dry.

Edited by BillD

I love slide glide but Ive been starting to use Wilson Combats thick oil.. Its kind of like mobile 1 and ATF (automatic transmission fluid). 50/50 mixture.. Works very well on AR's too.

Use FP10 and never an issue regardless of weather (30 degrees to 110). Easy to remove when cleaning (soapwater in the sink).

That said, Mobil 1 is great and bonds like nothing else I've tried but tougher to remove when cleaning.

Heard great things about Militec but never tried it.

Slide Glide Light (I'm in Florida) on all of my handguns, Break Free LP on the bolt carrier group in my AR. Never had any issues, guns run 100% all the time.

----> Find one you like and stick with it, none of it equates to a GM card. cheers.gif

Edited by bobmysterious

• 1 month later...

Outers gun grease on slides and bolt rails. Most other areas get 3-in-1 or sewing machine oil (whichever is within reach). I also use clp and Remoil for certain areas. People over analyze this subject and make it too complicated. When I empty my oil bottles, they will probably get refilled with engine oil.

I use any gun oil I could find...they all work, no problem. Don't be shy on putting plenty oil on 1911s as they like to run on the wet side. Lots of guys use motor oil, i guess it works.

50/50 Militec and Mobil 1 10w30...tried slide glide and for some reason even the lightest grade wouldn't work on my pistols...great in the Mini 14 and Super X Model 1 though.

Edited by gino_aki

I've never seen a gun that would run completely dry.

Somehow I've got several guns that are able to run dry. I ran a Glock 19 through a 1200rd class dry even.

And believe it or not I have successfuly run more than one AR dry!

That said I do use slide glide on my pistols now and slip 2000 on the carbines