Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Load for CZ SPO-1 Shadow

willthesaint

most people report good results with 124-125 weight bullets, and some like 147s.

my load for the past 3 years has been:

124-125 grain jacketed bullet

4.1 grains of hodgdon titegroup

federal small pistol primer

mixed brass

1.085" overall length

it yields about 135 PF. i never worry when i go to chrono regardless of weather and gets extra insurance on steel. federal primers are very soft and you can tune your CZ to have a very light revolver like DA pull and still light them off.

most people report good results with 124-125 weight bullets, and some like 147s.

mixed brass

1.085" overall length

it yields about 135 PF. i never worry when i go to chrono regardless of weather and gets extra insurance on steel. federal primers are very soft and you can tune your CZ to have a very light revolver like DA pull and still light them off.

I load longer but my chamber has been reamed to do so, but that is my basic load as well.

124 gr. Montana Gold Hollow Point

4.2 gr. Vihtavouri N320

1.09" OAL

Federal or Winchester primers.

My chrono is 134 but I was 137 a the last Sectional I attended. It's soft shooting either way.

• 2 months later...

mixed brass

1.085" overall length

Which bullet?

mixed brass

1.085" overall length

Which bullet?

I believe he is loading 124gr MG JHP.

I'm shooting Xtreme Bullets - Plated - 147gr w/ 3.3gr TG @ 1.145 makes 132 PF

Has your chamber been reamed to make it longer? I have not, and my load's OAL is 1.35 and seems a little long compared to most people's OAL. I have a CZ 75 SP01 Shadow Custom. Thanks!

Has your chamber been reamed to make it longer? I have not, and my load's OAL is 1.35 and seems a little long compared to most people's OAL. I have a CZ 75 SP01 Shadow Custom. Thanks!

Chamber has not been reamed on my match gun - 1.145 is about the MAX oal - also be sure to chamber check EVERY round. I learned this lesson the hard way!

Also ZERO smoke as compared to lead which is dirty and smoky. The Xtreme PLATED only ran me like 68 / 1k - most places sell lead for around this price range!

ETA - my backup has been reamed - so I make sure I use my match gun to chamber check vs the backup

Edited by bsdubois00

1344454468[/url]' post='1757392']
1344333311[/url]' post='1756479']
1337780659[/url]' post='1710473']

Chamber has not been reamed on my match gun - 1.145 is about the MAX oal - also be sure to chamber check EVERY round. I learned this lesson the hard way!

Also ZERO smoke as compared to lead which is dirty and smoky. The Xtreme PLATED only ran me like 68 / 1k - most places sell lead for around this price range!

ETA - my backup has been reamed - so I make sure I use my match gun to chamber check vs the backup

Where did you get those prices? I'm showing $82 /1000 for 124g RN.Thanks

I love some Montana Gold 124gr. HPs.

Loading them with 4.0 grains of Bullseye has been the no-fail recipe for me for quite some time. I've been shooting Limited lately, but I'll keep going back to my CZ on occasion.