Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

We shot the Area 8 Champioship yesterday and the 4 of us that went up together would like to give a BIG THANKS to all the Staff and RO's as they made the experience that much better! IMHO it was one of the BEST run matches that I have competed in and it was very challenging but it was a BALL to shoot! Thanks and you can be sure we will be back next year God Willing! :rolleyes:

Robert O

Robert S

Leo E

Robby O

I just wanted to say thank you for an excellent Area 8 match! The range staff was awesome and the stages were great. A big thank you to Topton, Dave MIller, the RO staff, and the other people that helped out to make the Area 8 a great experience!

MT

Just got home. It was my first area match and a fantastic one at that.

I did pretty well on 8 out on 11 stages with 2 stage wins going into the last day (3 GMs shooting so we'll see how that will hold up ;)). Then I go and do something like lose OVER 200 match points on 3 stages.

How's that for a kick in the balls. :(

Jake, where did you find the preliminary scoring? We were so whooped that by the time we got our gear in the car we left without going into the clubhouse for dinner. The guy driving said that if he ate he would not be in too good a shape to drive home and the rest of us didn't argue :blink:

We all had a real good time and hope that maybe one of us finished close to the top in our respective classes. But we had so much fun it really doesn't matter where we placed as we all made it thru ! :wub:

Thanks to the staff and RO's of the Area 8 for putting on a great match. Everyone on my squad (3) had a great time. It was a fun and challenging match.

Just for laughs...

We start on stage three, Ro gives walk thru, we line up for practice runs, I run, I slip, I'm ass in the mud! Wet grass got the better of me.

The left side of my pants, shirt and mags are covered mud, my squad is laughing at me, and my nether regions are all squishy :blink: , and the day had not yet started.

I had a great time! :P

Excellent match as usual. Damn good dedicated RO's. It was pouring all day long and they were out there volunteering. Half of them looked like some thing from the mud planet :D It sucked shooting in the mess but man that had to really suck being the RO's. They never missed a beat. Great stages lousy weather. It was so bad that a certain NJ boy found out why they make 4 wheel drive and that 2 wheel drive just plain sucks ;)

Excellent match and very good staff with top-notched adminstration. Dave, Larry and George did an outstanding job. It would be hard to top for next year match.

This was my first major match and I'm glad I went! Course design was fun and challenging, CRO'S and RO'S were simply great on all the stages. There were many volenteers on each stage who were nameless and also desirve praise, they kept the match moving.

Thanks to Dave and all the staff at Topton.

:D

Dang! Check out BJ Norris' progress. At the VA Summer Blast (shooting Open) I finished 12th, BJ was 28th; fastforward to the Area 8 and I finish 22nd, BJ 21st :o That Junior camp did him some good! Nice shooting BJ!!!!

As the CRO on stage 10 it got ugly with the mud and rain on Sunday :( but with the good spirits and humor of all you shooters it was actually a hoot. In the 12 years I've been working matches this was the first one that I heard -zero- whining. That was quite refreshing. My (muddy) hat's off to all of you! :lol:

Hello everyone,

Thanks to all who graciously donated their money to the John DeAngelo

Tribute. Your contributions were greatly appreciated by his wife Cindy,

and his children Jack and Hannah. It was an emotional morning, but we got

through it, and Hannah picked four winners.

Beth Hellmann of Fairfax, VA won the pistol built by John. She graciously

donated the gun back to the family. A real stand up move, Beth. Thank

you for your generosity.

Michael Levendusky of Silver Spring, MD was the second pick, winning a

Sieko Diver's Watch generously donated by the NJ World Speed on Steel

Match.

Mr. Grant of Woodbridge, VA won the GT Targets 6-pack of target stands.

Finally, Mr. Elmer Fulkerson of Dumfries, VA won a free three gun entry to

the PSA shootout. He intends to sell it, so theres a chance to get into

one of the most fun matches you'll shoot all year!

It was a successful raffle, raising over $5000 for the family. Cindy will

be adding that to the children's college fund. It was a true honor to

help them, I just wish it wasn't under such severe circumstances. Thanks

again for all of your help. It wouldn't have been possible without your

participation.

Thanks so much,

Phil Strader

That was the first time I've ever had dish-pan hands and feet after a match.

11 all day stages of soaking, steamy, sticky, sloppy muddyness. I shot with Phil and team Paradise. It was good meeting you guys.

My hats off to the RO's and staff and especially the shooters who finished well despite Sunday's weather.

P.S.

Philadelphia airport's TSA folks were the most difficult I've ever had to deal with.

They hand-searched my entire suitcase at the counter after I declared the firearms. Every person within 25yds knew I had a "GUN" in my bag. Jackasses!