Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Top Shot Season 4: Episode 12 (1 May 2012)

Frankly they should have stopped shooting, fixed the tree and redone it. Either make it part of the show or edit it out. At a minimum don't include that bit of vid in the show to demonstrate you didn't even care. <_<

From what I've heard from potential competitors. They require too much before and after filming to really draw in the real world class shooters.

...or anyone who has an actual job!! ;)

Edited by Carmoney

While I am not prepared to question the judgement of a 200 yard shot with the M-14, the 75 yards off-hand with a Benelli with slugs does NOT seem to be a good idea.

Shooting at orange juice bottles at 75 yards off-hand, with a .45 ACP 1911???

All of that nonsense makes it pretty clear that none of the final three had much of a clue as to their own (or their competitors') true shooting capabilities.

After each of them tried a completely unrealistic shot, we very quickly went from a 75 yards to 35 feet.

:rolleyes:

We watched the entire final (?) season of Top Shot here at my place, and I am really glad Chris Cheng won. Although I must admit--Greg took it like a man. I told my wife, "Right now, that guy wants to just lie on the ground and pound his face into the dirt, and instead he is handling himself like a real gentleman." Kudos to Greg--to be honest, he was one of my least favorite competitors from the beginnig, but by the end of the show he had earned my respect.

Good finale. Good season.

Glad it's over.

We watched the entire final (?) season of Top Shot here at my place, and I am really glad Chris Cheng won. Although I must admit--Greg took it like a man. I told my wife, "Right now, that guy wants to just lie on the ground and pound his face into the dirt, and instead he is handling himself like a real gentleman." Kudos to Greg--to be honest, he was one of my least favorite competitors from the beginnig, but by the end of the show he had earned my respect.

Good finale. Good season.

Glad it's over.

+1, just about word for word..

LOL!

"Greg Littlejohn has been shooting USPSA matches. He spent most of his $6,000 from Bass Pro Shops on ammo."

"Dylan Fletcher has started shooting locally in USPSA, IPSC, and IDPA."

and..

http://www.maxim.com...ichelle-viscusi

And that's why Top Shot hasn't been renewed (IMO.) All of the drama and reality TV crap may HELP bring in viewers, but first and foremost is the shooting. This season the competitors were pretty bad. When the shooting sucks, the foundation of the show is gone. Michelle may be cute, but she wasn't much of a marksman.

Unlike previous seasons, I don't think the best shooters made it to the end. The IT guy held his own on most challenges, but Greg? If he had won it would have shown just how bad this season was.

Like has been said previously, the dueling tree was pathetic. They put so much effort into a great finale, but the dueling tree looked like somthing a couple of teenagers setup in their back yard. If I was one of the final four I would have been making a stink over that bs.

From what I've heard from potential competitors. They require too much before and after filming to really draw in the real world class shooters.

...or anyone who has an actual job!! ;)

Let's see::: take a couple of months off from work for chance to win $100K or for the average guy/gal continue working making 5K or so per month...

Oh...

And Gary was the one robbed by the Dueling trees.

I would have to watch again to make sure but i think his targets were bouncing back after he hit them.

It was the right tree/lower 3 or 4 targets.

One of them even got stuck straight back.

Then all of a sudden it wasn't.

I wonder if they stopped to fix it and just edited the stoppage out.

I know Augie lost at least one target to the faulty tree in the match that sent him home.

• 1 month later...

Chris Cheng came out to shoot the Golden Gate IDPA match at Richmond. Nice enough guy, as it turns out.

And he won the SSP Division, and finished well ahead of me, so he doesn't seem so mediocre to me.

Hope he keeps coming back for USPSA or IDPA matches. Nice to have and addtion to the higher levels of competition here locally.