Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

308 Mag Pouch

I had some custom ones made as there are not a lot out there. Triple Crown Holsters made mine. Tell him you want the AC pouch. you won't find it on his website though.

AC

BladeTec makes .308 Magpouches, Brownells has them.

It's also ridiculusly easy to heat up some kydex and make your own...

I have a Bladetech .308 pouch, it doesn't work well for me (unlike the .223 mag pouches). It will only hold mags bullets forward and even with the screws loose, binds when I try to pull the mag out. I heated it and helped this, but it needs more work.

I also have two of Chris Stewart's Ready Tactical .308 pouches. They work great for me. Wilderness Tactical makes a pouch that I have heard good things about, but I have not used one.

Hurley

B.A. Custom Kydex makes a 308 pmag pouch that attaches with a large tek lok. It's molded around a standard DPMS mag with tension adjustability on the side. It's designed to hold the mag bullets rearward but will work either way. They can do them in tan, black or OD Green. And have pretty fast turn around times for something that is custom made.

b.a.customkydex@gmail.com

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

Joe, you should just leave loose rounds in your pocket and load from there. That way you don't have to take up valuable space on your belt.

;)

You are not down for HO for CMMG unless you changed your mind.

I have been using Kydex pouches but I don't recall the brand. I know they say Heavy Metal stamped on the side. They work well but I got a thigh rig for two mags I plan on using this year to try out. It keeps some of the weight off my belt and frees up some space for mag pouches and shotshell carriers.

Craig

B.A. Custom Kydex makes a 308 pmag pouch that attaches with a large tek lok. It's molded around a standard DPMS mag with tension adjustability on the side. It's designed to hold the mag bullets rearward but will work either way. They can do them in tan, black or OD Green. And have pretty fast turn around times for something that is custom made.

b.a.customkydex@gmail.com

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

Nice way of advertising your own business in the third person.

Edited by LittleLebowski

What's the problem, that he didn't identify himself? If he would have said "I make xxx" someone else would have bagged on him.

We gun owners have a really bad habit of eating our own at the slightest provocation. We should stop doing that, and encourage any small pro-gun business regardless of whether we believe the owner is a nice guy or a jerk. The opposition sticks togeather like that, we need to to.

Back on Topic, www.knifekits.com sells every little piece and part you might need to make your own. This guy has some good videos and has helped me with my own projects.

Edited by barrysuperhawk

What's the problem, that he didn't identify himself? If he would have said "I make xxx" someone else would have bagged on him.

We gun owners have a really bad habit of eating our own at the slightest provocation. We should stop doing that, and encourage any small pro-gun business regardless of whether we believe the owner is a nice guy or a jerk. The opposition sticks togeather like that, we need to to.

Back on Topic, www.knifekits.com sells every little piece and part you might need to make your own. This guy has some good videos and has helped me with my own projects.

While I agree with your belief that we should stick together; I don't think writing glowing reviews of one's own products and customer service without full disclosure is something we should turn a blind eye towards.

While I agree with your belief that we should stick together; I don't think writing glowing reviews of one's own products and customer service without full disclosure is something we should turn a blind eye towards.

This is where we disagree. You seem to be taking the attitude that this is somehow less than honorable, but a fairly discrete forum post that serves the purpose of self promotion is not dishonest. He would still surely provide a valuable product to whomever his customer regardless of how the customer found out about him. Considering I think that my earlier assertion about him comming out and positing "I sell XXX" might actually be against the rules outside the marketplace, I think what he posted was entirely appropriate. Actualy, I find your determination to bust him out like he was doing something dishonest very distasteful. You say you believe we should stick togeather, yet you insist on being the tattletale. To me, *that* is worse than anything he did. Don't worry, if worse comes to worse, and the world ends, I am sure you could have a fruitful career as an informer to the overlords...

You may continue to to try and portray me as a scurrilous informer and yourself as champion of the gentlemanly shooting sports but I don't anyone would want to do business with a guy who not only advertises himself but writes glowing reports of his own customer service in the third person.

Edited by LittleLebowski

• 1 month later...

Giuseppe,

You may also look at the HSGI Tacos. 223 and 308 mags fit and are held securely without having to adjust the pouch. Same for the pistol pouches, they hold single and double stack without adjustment. You may recall that the boy was using them at your most recent outing at the Farm. You are also welcome to use my kydex press to brew up whatever your heart desires.

TT

For all of you who didn't know either, lol. Please, gentlemen, continue.

:sight:

Astroturfing is a form of advocacy in support of a political, organizational, or corporate agenda, designed to give the appearance of a "grassroots" movement. The goal of such campaigns is to disguise the efforts of a political or commercial entity as an independent public reaction to another political entity—a politician, political group, product, service or event. The term is a derivation of AstroTurf, a brand of synthetic carpeting designed to look like natural grass.

Like other advocates, astroturfers attempt to manipulate public opinion by both overt (outreach awareness, etc.) and covert (disinformation) means. Astroturfing may be undertaken by an individual promoting a personal agenda, by organized professional groups for pay, or by activist organizations. Services may be provided by political consultants who also provide opposition research and other services. Beneficiaries are not the campaigners but the organizations that orchestrate the campaigns.

Edited by 9X23Guy

Well I just got back from my 30 day time out. Im sorry I advertised for the company I am making kydex under. 2 days before I got my time out I inquired to Brian as to what it takes to be a vendor here. I will become a supporting vendor as soon as I have the money to pay it. As it is right now all money is being rolled back in to materials to make more. But give me time, Ill be there.

So, when you say astroturfing, you mean, like he could start a fire with his thoughts?

:roflol:

For all of you who didn't know either, lol. Please, gentlemen, continue.

:sight:

Astroturfing is a form of advocacy in support of a political, organizational, or corporate agenda, designed to give the appearance of a "grassroots" movement. The goal of such campaigns is to disguise the efforts of a political or commercial entity as an independent public reaction to another political entity—a politician, political group, product, service or event. The term is a derivation of AstroTurf, a brand of synthetic carpeting designed to look like natural grass.

Like other advocates, astroturfers attempt to manipulate public opinion by both overt (outreach awareness, etc.) and covert (disinformation) means. Astroturfing may be undertaken by an individual promoting a personal agenda, by organized professional groups for pay, or by activist organizations. Services may be provided by political consultants who also provide opposition research and other services. Beneficiaries are not the campaigners but the organizations that orchestrate the campaigns.

You know, I picked up a couple of the Safariland 774 308 pouches for my M1A. They were terrible. I had them set loose enough that the mags would fall out while running and yet they still bound up horribly when trying to pull a mag. I was ready to throw them away, but then decided to try them with the Pmags I'll be running with my new rifle. They worked great with Pmags! Best part, 774s bolt right up to ELS. So they ended up being a win.