Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DP Basepad / STI Spring / DP S.N.L = 22 rds on 140mm 40cal mag?

tagacali

• 4 weeks later...

I can get 22 in the mag plus 1 in the gun with a rescomp tube bolen 3mm pad, spring and follower. I haven't measured the mag yet to make sure it fits but once I get my hand on a gauge I'll check it.

I have the exact same mag setup and mine fits the gauge.

Edited by pvhendrix

• 3 weeks later...

I'd LOVE to see a 140 STI with SNL fit the gauge. I never have. I'm starting to think that they're like unicorns: never seen but they supposedly exist.... :surprise:

Hello: I have 6 STI 140mm mags with Dawson "SNL" that fit the gauge just fine. They hold a reloadable 20 rounds. The Grams base pads have a little more room than the "SNL" but not that much more. My Rescomp holds 21 rounds reloadable with Bolen 3mm and Bolen spring and follower. I have not cut the spring to give it that extra room. I also have a SVI tube with Grams 4mm base pad and a Bolen/follower setup that holds 21 rounds reloadable. I like reliable mags so I will give up 1 round for reliability. Thanks, Eric

I'd LOVE to see a 140 STI with SNL fit the gauge. I never have. I'm starting to think that they're like unicorns: never seen but they supposedly exist.... :surprise:

Hello: I have 6 STI 140mm mags with Dawson "SNL" that fit the gauge just fine. They hold a reloadable 20 rounds. The Grams base pads have a little more room than the "SNL" but not that much more. My Rescomp holds 21 rounds reloadable with Bolen 3mm and Bolen spring and follower. I have not cut the spring to give it that extra room. I also have a SVI tube with Grams 4mm base pad and a Bolen/follower setup that holds 21 rounds reloadable. I like reliable mags so I will give up 1 round for reliability. Thanks, Eric

I wonder what vintage those mags are. Apparently, there is about a 3mm length difference between current production STI tubes and ones produced a few years ago (with the older mags being shorter).

Ive got fairly recent(bought within the past year) 140 STI mags all with Dawson SNL pads that all fit my gauge. No tuning and they all hold 20 startable, couple are reloadable 20 with Grams internals. I'd love to get my hands on a 21 or 22 round mag for those random 22 rounds stages to avoid a reload. Would have been nice to have one in Oh last weekend.

Corey, All it takes is money!! I think I used the 22 round mag 4-5 times at Ohio. Didn't always need it but when one is firing 20 rounds from one spot, it's nice to have a couple makeup shots.

:cheers:

I wonder what vintage those mags are. Apparently, there is about a 3mm length difference between current production STI tubes and ones produced a few years ago (with the older mags being shorter).

I have 4 tubes new from last year with dawson SNL pads that all fit in the gauge. 20 reloadable all day long with dawson guts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

thanks. I thought 170 since the basepad is lengthened significantly :cheers:

The basepad really isnt lengthened that much. It just looks that way because how the dawson is designed. The bolen for instance sits at the very bottom of the mag. The dawsson covers alot of the mag and sits near the bottom of the extentsion. Its not like a glock where the mag starts at the top of the insert.