Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TEXAS STATE LIMITED CHAMPIONSHIP

I started that tradition at the Ridge motel several years ago. I would have done it again but I made my decision to shoot the match at the last minute so I'm staying in Eastland. Maybe next year.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started that tradition at the Ridge motel several years ago. I would have done it again but I made my decision to shoot the match at the last minute so I'm staying in Eastland. Maybe next year.

Just my luck. Always a day late. I got stuck eating Mexican food with DuBois. See ya tomorrow!

Wow was this a hot match, and I dont mean fast :). Over all I lked the stages, they were fun and challenging. Lots of little hidden nooks and crannies that targets were ( found most of those, its the ones in plain site I walked past :)). I finished last in production with my CZ, had a lot of little mental errors early on that hurt, and then add to that a lot off issues with the CZ doublefeeding rounds. Overall though fun match and despite the heat I will try to sign up for this match again next year, maybe we schedule it for end of February this time around :).

Big thanks to the ROs who gave a Herculean effort. Shooting all day Friday and coming back for Saturday in the 109 degree heat is more than any person should be asked to do.

Also a big congratulations to Jim Bodkin for winning the Production match. Jim is a hero and a friend of mine, and this was a well-deserved win.

That said, there are some things that need to change about this match. I don't think I'll be back unless they do.

Watch those reverse-temperature-sensitive powders when it's 108'F outside. Any idea what the unexpected-Minor shooters loaded? Mine chronoed right about where I expected, even on the sideways chrono.

Hopefully with less heat and more staff, they can do a better job with proofing the courses in the future. It was a fun match, but I think a number of people left PO-ed for one reason or another.

No DQs at all is impressive too.

Had there been a correct Chrono set up, maybe, just maybe the results would be different......RO fired 1 shot from 5 feet against a chrono set sideways, because there were no skyscreens...goes south from here, but you get the picture.

Had there been a correct Chrono set up, maybe, just maybe the results would be different......RO fired 1 shot from 5 feet against a chrono set sideways, because there were no skyscreens...goes south from here, but you get the picture.

Sounds like a good call on not going. I don't do well with the rules not being followed. ;)

Thanks to all the RO's and staff at this match. Yes it was hot and yes there were some bugs, but it was a safe and fun match, I definitely hope to be back next year, some really good folks there.

Edited by AirBorne

I have to fully appreciate the dedication and tenasity of the RO's, may thanks for working in hard conditions, my hat is off to you. :bow:

This was my third, each one has been different, Jimmy you did a great job on the stages, they were challenging in yet a different way than they were in 2010 or 2008. With the openness of the stages and the finite short step positioning it made going fast treacherous.

I am very glad I was on a great squad with hard workers, didn't know any of them but they were all very nice and since everyone worked it made the match much more enjoyable.

Since I melted down on Saturday about 2pm my match results didn't merit a trip to the prize table so headed out after the last shot was fired. Haven't walked passed a target in years, managed to do it multiple times. Nothing like being half way thru a stage and your mind going completely blank DaaaaahHH, now what. :o

Edited to add - Americas Best Value hotel. I didn't think it was so bad, but I had the best room in the place. No cold water in the sink, the ac had no knobs or grills got the room to luke warm, and fridge was barely cool, then by accident I found out that everyones key opened any room. Felt real secure, Open gun with big stick on night stand, dot on low.

Edited by CocoBolo