Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New rear sight for 625

twister

I need to get a new rear sight for my 625,and would like to know which one to get? I looked at the High country,and the LPA. If there are any other choices out there,I'm not aware of them. Any help is appreciated,Dave.

I have a Weigand on a 686 and it is great. Gives me the same sight picture as the BoMars on my 1911's.

FWIW

Richard

PS: The Weigand is just a replacement blade that fits the S&W sight base.

• 4 months later...

I use these fiber optics on my front and rear sites on my 610 and 617, I highly recommend them

CS0390R - LUMI SIGHT S&W REVOLVER ADJUSTABLE FIBER OPTIC REAR SIGHT

View Larger Image

CS0390R - LUMI SIGHT S&W REVOLVER ADJUSTABLE FIBER OPTIC REAR SIGHT

Cylinder & Slide is now offering front and rear sight sets with fiber optic inserts for the Smith & Wesson KLN frame adjustable sight revolvers. The sight set contains a replacement adjustable rear sight blade with two fiber optic inserts and a front sight with a fiber optic insert. The front sights are available for the pin on front sight and the classic interchangeable front sight. There are two styles of front sight blade profiles, the Improved Ramp profile for easy draw from the holster and the Patridge profile for target use. The front sights are offered in .250” and .300” heights. Each sight set is provided with green and red fiber optic rods for both front and rear sight blades to allow you to install the color that best suits your needs. The sight set comes with a rear sight windage screw, windage screw nut, windage screw spring and plunger.

The front and rear sight blades have been designed to give maximum protection against breakage of the fiber optic rods but allow maximum light transmission to your eyes.

Complete installation instructions are provided or you can send your revolver to Cylinder and Slide for a fast turnaround installation of your sight set.

Price: $82.00

All required fields are marked with a star (*). Click the 'Add To Cart' or 'Add To Wish List' button at the bottom of this form to proceed.

1333391808[/url]' post='1674273']

I need to get a new rear sight for my 625,and would like to know which one to get? I looked at the High country,and the LPA. If there are any other choices out there,I'm not aware of them. Any help is appreciated,Dave.

Twister,

Warren Moore's sights are the BEST upgrade I have made to any Smith and Wesson revolver. He is a forum dealer here.

http://www.brianenos...showtopic=78668

- john

Have Weigand on three pistols and put Weigand on several friends pistols, very pleased with sight picture. They do move a little but it doesn't seem to hurt accuracy. Using SDM front fiber optic. Need to replace the screw kit when installing sight. The spring loaded punch from Harbor Freight works well to stake the sight screw.

What's the trick to get the Weigand not to flop around? I have a few, some that came with the gun and some that I installed and they all have play in them.

I haven't figured it out. Even tried to dimple it to tighten it up, didn't work. The looseness did not seem to affect accuracy though.

I don't think it's possible due to the design. May have to drag it out and try it again, I did like the sight picture.

It might even be better to have it loose, than too tight. As the being loose it should always fall to it's lowest point, adding friction could cause it to settle at odd points in it's rotation.

What's the trick to get the Weigand not to flop around? I have a few, some that came with the gun and some that I installed and they all have play in them.

I haven't figured it out. Even tried to dimple it to tighten it up, didn't work. The looseness did not seem to affect accuracy though.

I don't think it's possible due to the design. May have to drag it out and try it again, I did like the sight picture.

It might even be better to have it loose, than too tight. As the being loose it should always fall to it's lowest point, adding friction could cause it to settle at odd points in it's rotation.

I guess my problem is that I have to run the rear sight all the way up to zero, I can never figure out what's what when it comes to ordering .25 or .3 sights for the front.

The Weigand looks good but has at tendency to fit a bit loose. It may wiggle a bit, which some don't like.

All of Apex's stuff is top notch, may have to try one of theirs.

My weigand wiggles a lot - may be due to improper install, I don't know. Blue loctite will tighten them up for awhile. I found a new in box Millet on eBay and it will be on the gun this week.