Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New 1X6.5 scope from Bushnell

kurtm

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you tried with the rifle canted @ a 90* angle?

In a match setting, most targets that would be engaged from only a canted rifle position are going to be under 100 yards. The eye position on this optic is much less critical on low power. Easy solution to avoid hunting for the reticle inside the tube is use 1x in an akward position.

I have not found the eye box (I still think there has to be a more technical term for it ;) ) to be a problem. But again, coming from shooting iron sights, repeatable cheek weld is almost as important as trigger control.

I got to fondle the ffp and sfp scopes today. The ffp reticle looks tiny at 1x which I don't like so I focused more on the other one. The illumination was good if that's your thing. I should say I never use illumination so my opinion may not mean much. I liked the clarity of the glass a lot. The extra magnification was cool, I'd love to shoot this thing. I doubt I'll buy one partly because of the unforgiving eye relief. Maybe I would feel differently if I checked one out mounted on a gun. The price at the Bushnell factory outlet was $1000 with a special discount. $1400 otherwise.

Got mine today and mounted it. I don't find the eye relief to be much of an issue. I can mount the rifle from low ready and get a perfect view every time. Hard to test that on 6.5x while inside the garage though. Range session tomorrow to sight in a 100yards.

Shot mine today at my local 100 yard range. The illumination is not as bright as on my Tac30 in bright sun. I do like that the center dot is only 1 MOA compared to 2.4 on the Tac30. I don't have any complaints about the eyebox. 6.5 is really nice compared to 4x and the glass is clear.

I'll be shooting it tomorrow at a friend's range at 200 and 300 on steel targets. I'm looking forward to seeing how well the holdover points match my ammo.

Shot my new scope today at 300 yards at a 1/2 IPSC target. I was a bit frustrated at first because I wasn't having much luck but once I realized to correct for the crosswind (duh!) I hit 9 out of 10 shots. I am a pistol shooter and have only owned a rifle for about 3 months so I'm pretty happy with that considering my extreme lack of talent!

I'm zeroed at 100 and I used the 300 yard holdover point and I was hitting no problem. I was shooting 55gr PMC bronze 223.

I shot my first match with scope today. Targets were everything from 5 yards to 300. The reticule brightness on 9 was fine (bright sunny day) no problems pickng it up, very clear, extra 2.5 power was nice change over 4x. I love the BRT-2 reticule in SPF, do not regret making the purchase on bit.

Was at a 3gun match today and fellow shooter just got a SPF-BRT-1 just like mine and he saids his is alot brighter than mine. I put in new battery and no change. So we are going to compare them side by side next Sunday.Blaster

The battery does not last long if you forget and leave it on, at the 9 setting anyway. Batteries are cheep, have some extras on hand.

Does it hold zero when you replace the battery or do you have to re-zero???

I got a chance to check Phong's SFP version out at the range. Definitely not daylight-bright in the bright desert sun--it was a muddy red. Excellent glass, awesome reticle design. Relatively unforgiving eye-box both off-axis and eye-relief-wise. For the eye-box reason alone, this is a no-buy for me.

Ran mine at pro series this weekend which was all close stuff and at task force dagger. This match had some longer stuff. No problems at all. Eye box doesn't seem to be a problem. I ran a swaro 1-6 before this and did not notice a difference.