Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Will this battery work in a C-More

baa

Just got my new Open gun. Trying to stock up on extra batteries for the C-More. I saw these on Amazon and they seem like a good price and they are Lithium, which will last longer when rattling around in my range bag.

http://www.amazon.com/Energizer-2L76BP-3-Volt-Lithiumn-Battery/dp/B0044CVC2U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1332264133&sr=8-1

Anyone know if these will work in a C-More?

Thanks!

Also they are cheaper at Shooter's connection I think:

I tried those. I bought a bunch, and still have some. I get one practice out of them. Buy the more expensive ones.

Also they are cheaper at Shooter's connection I think:

I tried those. I bought a bunch, and still have some. I get one practice out of them. Buy the more expensive ones.

I'm talking about the duracells that are $20 for a 5 pack not the cheap ones that are off brand.

I'm talking about the duracells that are $20 for a 5 pack not the cheap ones that are off brand.

Better... The worst part is, though, I bought 10 Duracells last year (not from SC, bought them locally) and at least two were dead in the package surprise.gif I can't find the Energizers locally anymore, otherwise, I'd probably go there...

locally, the ACE hardware has the DL1/3N for $4.50ish and they always seem to have fresh ones with expiration dates years out. I found them by accident in the store while looking for something else and felt like I struck gold.

Have also used two 357 batteries, which are cheaper still - they have a slightly higher nominal voltage output (3.1v vs. 3.0v, but it is within the voltage specs for the DL1/3N - check out the Duracell tech specs library at duracell.com) they seem to be a little brighter, and the discharge curve is slightly different so the dot seem to stay brighter until the battery dies. Don't think it hurts the diode or circuit, but don't really know. Used to run two 357 batteries in the old Tasco PDPII instead of the 1/3N and it never hurt them, but the recoil did. ;)

Edited by Bamboo

Amazon has a "subscription" deal for most types of batteries, bringing to cost down to $3.39 for the Engerizer lithium ion batteries I put in the link in the original post. Since I am now feeding two C-mores, I figure that I can setup to get a set of new batteries every 3 months. Plus I get free shipping as a prime member. I went ahead and ordered a couple. If they work well, I will setup a regular order. I dry fire a lot, so I am sure I will need new batteries on a regular basis.