Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ar mags

outerlimits

I'm not sure how you're doing it or why your fingers hurt :D

Use a pen, hold the mag upside sown, or at least on an angle so the rounds can slide out and press on the second cartridge down in the mag, the first will slide out on its own since you have relieved the spring tension.

I use anything plastic (doesn’t scratch cases) in the manner Pat mentions. Nothing is any easier that this.

To load mags, I use stripper clips that I take to matches pre-loaded. The plastic holder that I got with the clips allows me to snap 10 rounds in as quick as you can load one with any other method. Ask Erik Warren if he thinks it’s slick, I gave him a spare holder I had when he complained about how clumsy stripper clips were. These guide/holders came with some Canadian military 5.56 ball I got way back when.

--

Regards,

Edited by George

Someone needs to post a pic of what you guys are talking about ( the clip thing )

I like the LULA !

I can't imagine anything being faster. ( thats why you have to explain it to me )

Travis F.

Actually, unloading magazines is one of my favorite activities. I have some very expensive devices which are designed to do this well and they are a ton of fun to use. Just pull the activator trigger and one round unloads. In some states you can own devices that will unload multiple rounds with a single pull of the trigger but I don't live in one of those states :(

Someone needs to post a pic of what you guys are talking about ( the clip thing )

I can't imagine anything being faster. ( thats why you have to explain it to me )

Here ya go! The animated GIF takes the same time to run as it actually does to load a 30 rounder (under ten seconds).

What it looks like:

clip-guide.jpg

How it works:

stripper-clip-animate.gif

my ex marine brother in law showed me how the marines unloaded them,at least when they were not shooting the damn gun.

he took a loaded 223 round and just raked them out of the mag,

i watched him dump 30 in about 10 seconds..

So far for me the easiest way is the one described using a round to just feed the other out of the mag - works for the FAL, Mini-14, AK, LM, etc...just name 'em

And it only costs....nothing - unless you eventually shoot that round..... :P