Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Porsche 911 TurboS

-JQ-

Sadly I'm not the BE member that owns this beauty...he'll remain anon. for now unless he wants to chime in.

I've ridden in plenty of "fast" cars and "race" cars...but this thing accelerates like, nothing I know...0-60 become a silly measure at this level but it is around 3 seconds...all wheel drive, 530 HP, twin turbos, 7 speed auto/paddle, carbon brakes...and it all seems to get to the ground.

I've been in love with the 911/930 Turbos since the mid eighties - high school days. So getting to ride in this thing is really a bucket list thing. I'm not sure what kind of insurance it would require but... :devil:

Anyway it is incredible to ride around in it and get to take photos...which I plan on doing a lot. Shooting this thing is like photo-crack...I need it at sunrise, sunset, track day....we took it down to Buds Friday night but I didn't see anyone I knew of course.

It is a tricky color to photo especially in the sun. It is a metallic black and reflects everything - think black mirror. SO I ended up processing some of these a bit more than I usually do. But practive makes perfect and I think we'll be doing it a lot huh, M? :D

Enjoy.

post-12620-0-80198100-1331515962_thumb.j

post-12620-0-98228800-1331515988_thumb.j

post-12620-0-09179800-1331516008_thumb.j

post-12620-0-74763800-1331516061_thumb.j

post-12620-0-41861900-1331516110_thumb.j

Fantastic car!!The wife an I had agreed to buy one for each other for our 25th wedding anniversary and do the delivery in europe so we could really enjoy the car before bringing it home to the States..... long story short vehicle accident that involved my uninsured Donzi and then a bought with unemployment left a hole we are still digging out of... no Porsche for me :-(

Edited by Paul-the new guy

You must remember that the driver wants to crash even LESS than you do!

:)

That is exactly what I thought...I was never worried. Plus I can't think of any better place to die that wrapped in carbon fiber, leather and german engineering.

Mid-ohio...good idea. I'll have to make sure he's out of town that weekend :devil:

I'm pretty familiar with how those things look in my rear view mirror. The whole car looks pretty good as well though :devil:

I'd go GT3RS, if I were to dabble in the concept of Porsche in my garage. The Germans do know how to make a nice go fast car.

porsche-911-gt3-rs-2010-img_10.jpg

Sadly I'm not the BE member that owns this beauty...he'll remain anon. for now unless he wants to chime in.

I've ridden in plenty of "fast" cars and "race" cars...but this thing accelerates like, nothing I know...0-60 become a silly measure at this level but it is around 3 seconds...all wheel drive, 530 HP, twin turbos, 7 speed auto/paddle, carbon brakes...and it all seems to get to the ground.

I've been in love with the 911/930 Turbos since the mid eighties - high school days. So getting to ride in this thing is really a bucket list thing. I'm not sure what kind of insurance it would require but... :devil:

Anyway it is incredible to ride around in it and get to take photos...which I plan on doing a lot. Shooting this thing is like photo-crack...I need it at sunrise, sunset, track day....we took it down to Buds Friday night but I didn't see anyone I knew of course.

It is a tricky color to photo especially in the sun. It is a metallic black and reflects everything - think black mirror. SO I ended up processing some of these a bit more than I usually do. But practive makes perfect and I think we'll be doing it a lot huh, M? :D

Enjoy.

Weren't you on here about a month ago asking about contractor jobs in Saudi?

Well, that would be your chance to have the money to buy one.

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/search/cta?query=porsche&srchType=T&minAsk=&maxAsk=

Hello, Here is a foto of my dad's '02 3.6 Porsche RS race car, I think it is a 997, it is a X-The Racers Group Team car with miles at Sebring, Daytona and all the cool tracks. Sorry I should of moved that old car out of the way for the foto. later, karl @ GT

qqqq_134.jpg

qqqq_125.jpg

Edited by Karl @ GT