Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Health Insurance rates. When does it STOP

Round_Gun_Shooter

Got my new contract rate for this year. Now at $1488.00 per month. I know I don't get what I pay for because I am relatively healthy. Lots of things I would like to have checked out are not covered.

what I hate is I am required by Mass Laws to have it and part of my rate is to provide insurance to those who can not or will not pay.

I have to do a lot of work to make that money every month :angry2:

Wish I could spell :surprise:

Edited by Round_Gun_Shooter

Got my new contract rate for this year. Now at $1488.00 per month. I know I don't get what I pay for because I am relatively healthy. Lots of things I would like to have checked out are not covered.

what I hate is I am required by Mass Laws to have it and part of my rate is to provide insurance to those who can not or will not pay.

I have to do a lot of work to make that money every month :angry2:

Since I retired in 2002, mine is on track to double every 6 years. Just a matter of time we will all be "those who can not pay".

Bill

Edited by Flatland Shooter

And I thought it was bad at $850 a month.

The only people in the world who pay that are Americans.

Switzerland and Cuba seem to provide pretty good medical

care for a lot less than we pay.

All depends on how much money doctors make per year:(

And I thought it was bad at $850 a month.

The only people in the world who pay that are Americans.

Switzerland and Cuba seem to provide pretty good medical

care for a lot less than we pay.

All depends on how much money doctors make per year:(

You would be surprised to learn that how much doctors make accounts for less than 2% of healthcare costs as reflected by your insurance premium.

There is no such thing as a free lunch. The Kennedy Administration proved that axiom.

Countries with 'free' health care do not have free health care. It is paid by taxes on everyone. Think of a 50% tax rate with a 30-40% VAT. That means your $30 pari of Levi jeans are now $100.

A single payer system is akin to the phone company in the 1930-1960. You can have any phone you want as long as its black. Single payer systems have their major faults with regards to cost, quality and access. The phone company had call waiting and call forwarding technology and capability in the works for years but never had any competition to bring it to the marketplace.

No country has the access to quality health care that we have in the US.

BTW: Look at the Indian Health Services is a single payer system which is a complete failure. The Anti-Deficiency Act prevents the actual access to services when the budget is low. That is why so many tribe opt out with the 638 provisions.

MA is a model for the Obama care. We subsidize health care costs for those who 'won't work.' Put doctors in control, the costs go up, put lawyers in the courthouse, the costs go up.

Remember the lack of flu vaccine a few years ago. That was John Edwards (Senator, VP Candidate) he sued the maker of the flu vaccine because he client got sick. The company moved to England.

There is not a 30 second sound byte answer the health care issue but Obamacare is not on the right track.