Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

onions

rvb

yuck. :sick:

-rvb

HO MAN!! That's a whole food group. You can even make spam taste good with s skillet full of onions.

My wife always comments that they add flavor to things... to which I reply, "yea, icky nasty onion flavor."

She gets mad when I pick onions out of things.

I really hate the surpise when you bite into something not knowing they're there. gives shivers. One such event is what prompted this hate...

-rvb

Edited by rvb

I spent about 6 months on a tugboat, captain would ltterly put 2 to 3 lbs of the cheap yellow onions cut up on everythign he cooked, My room was right near the galley was so bad it made me nauseous and burned my eyes up well before it was done,drove me nuts.

Onions. One way to screw up a perfectly good pizza. IF they are cut up fine enough and cooked in something like chili and not a bunch of them I can deal with them. But raw and piled on something is a no no.

IF they are cut up fine enough and cooked in something like chili and not a bunch of them I can deal with them.

I agree... if I can't taste them, I can deal with them too! :roflol::roflol::roflol:

-rvb

I can't stand the taste of onions. So bad that if I order a hamburger at a fast food place, forget to tell them no onions, I can still taste the onions after I've carefully scraped off anything that even looks like an onions.

However I do use dried onions and onion powder when I make chili and some soups, but not enough for me to taste them.

I hate the fact that they engage in chemical warfare when I cut into them! surprise.gif

I learned a long time ago that if you keep your mouth closed and breathe through your nose this does not happen...

That doesn't make a bit of difference for my eyes. They don't bother my respiratory system. Cutting the onion creates propanethiol S-oxide, which happily wafts up to your eyes where it mixes with the water on the surface of your eyeball and forms sulfuric acid. Bam, burning, teary eyes.ph34r.gif

I hate the fact that they engage in chemical warfare when I cut into them! surprise.gif

I learned a long time ago that if you keep your mouth closed and breathe through your nose this does not happen...

That doesn't make a bit of difference for my eyes. They don't bother my respiratory system. Cutting the onion creates propanethiol S-oxide, which happily wafts up to your eyes where it mixes with the water on the surface of your eyeball and forms sulfuric acid. Bam, burning, teary eyes.ph34r.gif

This! (freakin awesome...also comes with a dicer blade)

22.jpg