Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm AR Carbine with Glock Mags

JLB-US

Understand Lone Wolf now has dedicated 9mm AR Lower that works with Glock magazines, you can buy an upper from them or send the bolt of your other brand 9mm carbine into them to be modified to work with their lower. Anyone tried one either way???

Being a mag hound, the idea of a 9mm carbine that works with the two dozen or so 17-33 round Glock 9mm mags I already have is really, really, appealing.

Thanks!

from another forum, I have heard/read that Lone Wolf never has them in stock. Sounds to me like a vaporware made from UNobtanium issue.

On the other hand, Olympic Arms also makes an AR-ish carbine which takes Glock mags. But this particular forum hates all things Olympic Arms....and DPMS...and Bushmaster, with a mild indifference given to anything Rock River Arms.

However, on another forum, inhabited by cheap bastards like me, they all love their Oly Arms AR's. :wacko:

I tried reading the other caliber or pistol caliber carbine thread on AR15.com, but after about 2 minutes my head was about to spin because of so many "if....then..."statements.... if this hammer, then you need to bevel your BCG....if this BCG, then use this hammer with this buffer....

I just figured it would be less headache and probably fewer costly mistakes if I bought a whole gun from some manufacturer instead.

Good info thanks!

Looks like the Olympic/Glock Carbine only comes with A2 Upper, would prefer a flatop, but might be doable. I'm thinking the same thing on buying the whole rifle from one manfufacturer being less potential headaches as well....

They will make a flat top for you if you call. I ordered a Glock lower in .40 to be a flat top and they said 3 to 6 weeks. Two weeks later it was at my dealer! I also got their cheaper trigger upgrade ($60 I think) and like it for the money and a short range carbine. I've only run about 500 rounds through it in the year I've had it but with good mags it runs like a top. Put in a bad KCI and guess what happens. My son will be putting way more rounds through it this summer so i should know the durability later. Hope this helps.

Have the short barrel rifle in 223. The 9mm shooting 147grain subsonic is extremely quiet. The fact I have a ton of 9mm glock mags just makes it even more tempting.

I won't mess with the SBR or suppresor, but I do have two 50 cal ammo boxes loaded to the brim with loose 9mm's 147's for my G34,17 and 19. Thats gotta be more pleasant shooting for a whole afternoon than the .223 from a 14.5" bbl I shoot now.

And "Pleasant afternoon" is really more what this is about for me than the little local side matches I might get to shoot it in. I typcially go to the range with 8-12 loaded G17 mags in cases in the range bag. At this point seems almost sad not have a carbine to use with it, If I can make one work.

I have been on the fence for the longest time. I to have several G-18n mags and a 9mm ar would totally make sense, but two thinks are holding me back.

I have been using a mech-tech conversion on G17 and it shoots as well as most 9mm ARs.

And second now this will sound very stupid I hate the way the mag looks in the mag-well. It looks like someone forgot to use the rest of the mag. Lol. It’s like putting a cocktail straw in to big one from 7/11. :surprise:

I have found the Mech-Tech conversion to be very reliable and accurate. As said above, it is as good as any AR I have shot. Price not bad and can be ordered and delivered without all the paperwork.

I have found the Mech-Tech conversion to be very reliable and accurate. As said above, it is as good as any AR I have shot. Price not bad and can be ordered and delivered without all the paperwork.

I also have a mech-tech (which I do like), but there is something about that AR look....

And second now this will sound very stupid I hate the way the mag looks in the mag-well. It looks like someone forgot to use the rest of the mag. Lol. It's like putting a cocktail straw in to big one from 7/11. :surprise:

:roflol:

I've thought the exact same thing since I was a kid and first saw one. I'm older and getting over it for some reason though...

A company called "Double Diamond" aparently makes one with shorter mag wells, but from what I read they are high priced, high end lower. They are apparently also coming out with a "Glock mag" lower with a bolt hold open feature, but you have to get in line to wait.

Oly is looking good ot me at this point, the Glock 9mm model is not listed on thier website that I could see, but I emailed and confirmed they DO make them.

We have 7 of the Oly Glock mag carbines at our club. The consensus is that they are awesome. They break extractors and we had one bolt crack, but overall they see a lot if rounds and we are all happy to have them. The mags are the hardest part to get right with any 9mm conversion, the gun has no mag block and the 33 round g18 mags are debugged technology.

With the caveat that I have not yet been able to shoot a Lone Wolf, of all the others, I prefer the Thureon Defense 9mm AR.

Their website is way behind. The magazines options in the 9mm is 32 round Uzi mags or Glock mags. I've shot both the .45 and 9mm versions. They are close to release of the 10mm version.

I have a Lone Wolf lower and love it. I used a CMMG upper. The bolt has to be shaved to fit between the feed lips of a Glock mag. It is my go to fun gun. I am trying to find someone local to engrave it but may have to send it out. This thing SBR'd should be awesome.