Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 FNH USA 3 Gun

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice in that if you wear blue jeans and a t-shirt you will feel extremely under dressed. I suggest a nice collared shirt! hint!

I hope a nice pair of black Mascot Pants and a collared Stag Arms Jersey is "dressy" enough. Techwear doesn't make a 3 piece suit or tuxedo yet.

There will also be a cash bar at the awards banquet.

If everyone takes full advantage of this you can almost drink me pretty with 80 proof or higher.

Yep

Also, just got confirmation from GT Targets. There will be a 3 stage shotgun only side match with your equipment. Birdshot only and I would figure 50 - 75 rounds knowing Karl.

I am pretty sure with all the side matches that should keep you guys and gals pretty busy over the three days.

Larry

Is there an additional fee for this side match? Or is that already included in our entry fee?

Edited by mark97se

Yep

Also, just got confirmation from GT Targets. There will be a 3 stage shotgun only side match with your equipment. Birdshot only and I would figure 50 - 75 rounds knowing Karl.

I am pretty sure with all the side matches that should keep you guys and gals pretty busy over the three days.

Larry

Is there an additional fee for this side match? Or is that already included in our entry fee?

Good question, this side match is an additional fee. Proceeds after expenses for the side event I believe is going to the Wounded Warrior Project but please check with Karl. We will have that solidified by the shooters meeting.

Also, we will be selling raffle tickets to a Barrett M98 338 Lapua with optic to benefit the Special Operations Warrior Foundation. www.specialops.org Tickets will be 10 each or 3 for $20. Special thanks to Jeff Burch and the Barrett family for assting with this awesome rifle for an awesome cause.

Larry

Edited by sbmd

Nice in that if you wear blue jeans and a t-shirt you will feel extremely under dressed. I suggest a nice collared shirt! hint!

I hope a nice pair of black Mascot Pants and a collared Stag Arms Jersey is "dressy" enough. Techwear doesn't make a 3 piece suit or tuxedo yet.

If everyone takes full advantage of this you can almost drink me pretty with 80 proof or higher.

I would have thought the MAYOR would wear a suit but I guess we will settle for the nice collared shirt. No smelly jersey's!

Anyone else who is shooting Thursday PM slot get any response from Linda regarding registration on Thursday? Travel plans make it difficult for me to get there on Wednesday in time to register and mandatory shooters meeting. I have emailed her with no response.

Email said Thursday regestration by special circumstance, you can also register at shooter meeting at hotel the night before I believe.

Yeah I saw that, however I was hoping that having to work the beat and then drive 20+ hours to get their on Thursday morning to register and then shoot Thursday afternoon was a special circumstance.

Im sure you will be fine, maybe she hasn't got to your email yet. How long ago did you send it?

Week and a half

For those of you who were at Rockcastle knows that Linda's mom passed away on 22 August. She has been dealing with all the circumstances surrounding that unfortunate incident. How about sending me an email at azone40@comcast.net and I will forward it to her. She is getting caught up on all the back emails while she was out. The issue with not being at shooters meeting is the amount of information that will be put out is important to the conduct of the range, safety and such. This is why it is mandatory for all shooters with very few exceptions.

Prizes will be distributed after the awards ceremony on Saturday night by order of finish in each division. The awards will be at Heritage Hall with a very nice catered dinner (3 meat choice, cicken, beef and fish). Nice in that if you wear blue jeans and a t-shirt you will feel extremely under dressed. I suggest a nice collared shirt! hint!

The doors open at 6:30 pm and the meal starts at 7:00 pm, awards will start at approximately 8:00 pm depending how fast we get folks served.

Hope this helps. Starting Tuesday evening Sept 11 I will be working on the range with limited cell/email until late in the evening. I will try to ost updates as I can.

Larry

Where is the Heritage Hall?

Larry Thanks for match schedule and where is the nearest Walmarts? Thanks

Walmart in Winchester and Martinsburg. There is a Dick's Sporting Goods on exit 13 in Martinsburg (new store) as well as Gander Mountain on I 81 just on the south side of Winchester at Route 37. I checked there the other day and plenty of 12 gauge in stock. If you call ahead I am sure they can get what you want in. From the match hotel, 10-15 minute drive to Gander Mountain and 30 minute drive to Dick's.

To answer the question, where is Heritage Hall, go back to page 16, I posted a schedule to down load and the directions are located there with addresses to the match hotel and range.

Larry

Is the prize table going to happen at the range after shooting or at the awards banquet?

Larry said above:

"Prizes will be distributed after the awards ceremony on Saturday night by order of finish in each division. The awards will be at Heritage Hall...The doors open at 6:30 pm and the meal starts at 7:00 pm, awards will start at approximately 8:00 pm..."

Is the prize table going to happen at the range after shooting or at the awards banquet?

Larry said above:

"Prizes will be distributed after the awards ceremony on Saturday night by order of finish in each division. The awards will be at Heritage Hall...The doors open at 6:30 pm and the meal starts at 7:00 pm, awards will start at approximately 8:00 pm..."

Missed it, thanks.

Larry, regarding the dinner dress code or suggestion, I assume a decent shirt and casual slacks, we aren't talking jacket and tie are we?

I would highly suggest a nice shirt and casual slacks yes! This is a very nice place, they are usually booked every weekend with weddings and they do a lot of corporate events. Much, much nicer than last year! However, if you want to look good wear a suit and tie, I will be. This year I have a stage to work from as well.

Larry

Tempted to rent a tux.... who's with me? :devil:

DanO

Larry, regarding the dinner dress code or suggestion, I assume a decent shirt and casual slacks, we aren't talking jacket and tie are we?

I would highly suggest a nice shirt and casual slacks yes! This is a very nice place, they are usually booked every weekend with weddings and they do a lot of corporate events. Much, much nicer than last year! However, if you want to look good wear a suit and tie, I will be. This year I have a stage to work from as well.

Larry

Tempted to rent a tux.... who's with me? :devil:

DanO

If I rent a tux it will be baby blue or bright orange.

Or maybe tuxedo half shirts.....in the Kentucky tradition

dan, maybe a tuxedo t shirt. Cause it says I'm formal, but I like to party.

Or no shirt - people should understand, I'm flying from Mississippi... :lol:

It's gonna be fun! :cheers:

Edited by DyNo!

Will staff have the time to shoot these side matches?

Of course, Howard will ensure you guys get to participate however running shooters takes priority.

Also for those interested check out Heritage Hall at www.heritagehallbanquets.com this should give you an idea of how nice the place is. Built you guys all new gun racks for this year and no more bending over to ground a pistol. You will have brand new grounding containers that are 3 foot off the ground for the pistolas.

The only thing left is to get you guys caddies for the match.....ummm!!!

The only thing left is to get you guys caddies for the match.....ummm!!!

I am thinking that Caddies along the lines of MMA Ring Girls? Maybe we can get massage stations for the RO staff, after all you want the RO staff to be relaxed, not sore and grumpy, right?