Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which guide rods are in your IPSC gun?

Tacblack

Well after shooting the same load and steel guide rod for years I changed. I have an EGW tungsten guide rod and run 1.2oal 180JHP with VV320. Changing both in a month I noticed faster follow up shots and tighter groups. I could really tell at 70ft the 2nd sight picture was faster. The 1.2 ounce extra weight did not bother me, the guns is still about 1.5 ounces lighter then a stock Egde.

Bulm540 may not be as pleased with the changes since he is my main competition at the match :P

having a tungsten plug in your gun will hurt you more than help you. by using a tungsten plug you are adding to the moving mass and will increase the movement of the gun rather than decrease. if you want to make your limited gun more stable, add weight with static parts, like the tungsten guide rod.

• 2 weeks later...
BrazilianShooter, Do you use this hydraulic Guide Rod with a standard spring. How does it work in the gun. Realiable, where can you get them?

You can find this Shock Absorber in this web site

www.enidine.com

donload this PDF http://www.enidine.com/pdffiles/StandardIMP.pdf file and see the model PMX 8 (OPEND GUN) and PMX10 (STANDARD GUN) ask your gunsmith to make the changes and install in your gun.

Bye

Well I polled for my para 40 limited.. running a Tungsten right now..

in my para 45 running a briley Aluminum. and hjave been for several

years and several thousand rounds.. perfect combo ..

just found anouther one and going to try it in the 40 after the match this

weekend...

other than that, most all my single stack guns have a steel one pc or Two pc..

I cannot urge the other shooters in my division strongly enough to use a guide rod that has the most moving parts possible. If your guide rod looks like it came out of a cuckoo clock where lederhosen clad lushes dance in circles every quarter hour, you're on the right track.

Never settle for a component that has 32 moving parts when you could get one with 33. After all, it has more parts and costs more money. And more is always better.