Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

We need new JP buffer/spring system reviews

ericm

JP Rifles showed their new captured "one piece" buffer/spring system for their LMOS at the SHOT Show. Allows you to remove the small buffer retaining pin in the lower receiver (less worry for breakage...I've seen it happen) and remove buffer/spring easily.

Let's see those shootin' reviews of this system!!!!!

(my JP rifle springs and red buffers are so yesterday now, the arms race never stops!)

ericm

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. First I heard about this. Funny thing is....on my LRP-07 and CTR-02...I don't hear or feel the spring at all with JPs current LMOS.....unlike all of my other ARs. Perhaps I'll look at getting this system for my other ARs. I'm sure there will be different buffers available in this new system.

Thanks for posting this video Andy!

Damien, the beauty of this is you don't need different buffers w/ it. It comes w/ a derlin (or something similiar) spacer. For rifle length tubes, drop the spacer in the bottom, put the spring system on top, your ready to go. For carbine length tube, don't use the spacer. Simple!

Damien, the beauty of this is you don't need different buffers w/ it. It comes w/ a derlin (or something similiar) spacer. For rifle length tubes, drop the spacer in the bottom, put the spring system on top, your ready to go. For carbine length tube, don't use the spacer. Simple!

Thanks Bryan....this is even better. I wonder how it will work functioning with a couple different SBRs that I have. Only one way to find out.

It doesn't look like the system has a reciprocating mass. It appears as if the spring will keep the weight stack in contact with the bolt carrier constantly. I'm not sure how it will prevent bolt bounce if this is the case. It is an interesting design.

• 4 weeks later...

You can see JP do a demo of this system on the BRM3G home page! Check out the video. I was going to order one yesterday, but they are out of stock -- but I'm on the backorder list!!

Andy

Why not suggest that they ship one to the Blue Ridge as a try? We could have it on a side stage and pop it in and out of our rifles to compare it head to head? I am ordering one anyway but might be something they would like to do.

OK....got mine yesterday and it is a beautiful piece of machine art :)

I e-mailed John some questions (because I'm an inquisitive bore) and here are the answers:

"1. Is the JPSCS set up for LMOS, or is that irrelevant now?

It is equivalent to the LMB.

2. Should the JPSCS be run lighter for a CTR02 with LMOS? Can weights be removed? Or should they?

No, don't try and remove any weights.

4. Can the JPSCS be run with a Grendel or 6.8 as is w/ a regular weight carrier?

Should work with anything that works with the standard system."

....now to try it out.

ericm

Edited by ericm

OK....got mine yesterday and it is a beautiful piece of machine art :)

I e-mailed John some questions (because I'm an inquisitive bore) and here are the answers:

"1. Is the JPSCS set up for LMOS, or is that irrelevant now?

It is equivalent to the LMB.

2. Should the JPSCS be run lighter for a CTR02 with LMOS? Can weights be removed? Or should they?

4. Can the JPSCS be run with a Grendel or 6.8 as is w/ a regular weight carrier?

Should work with anything that works with the standard system."

....now to try it out.

ericm

Now to figure out what Q 3. was...

Edited by MarkCO

Put a 30 round mag through it after the match. Slow cadence on a few. Some quick doubles and triples. About 15 round as fast as I could. No malfunctions. Dropped it in and it ran flawless. Dead tired after 9 hours outside in cool 20 degree weather.

Jay

Oh gawd! Did he just tell a engineer to "Don't Try" :eatdrink: