Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Area 7 2012 -- Sept 7-9

• 2 weeks later...

My vote is for Harvard. They do a great job. Fulton is restricted due to its size and you wind up with two or three crappy little stages packed into one bay.

if it is in Harvard,...than that would suck for any USPSA members outside of the US.

Unfortulately, it will suck for members outside the US as it will be Harvard. I expect the second weekend in Sept, and am awaiting final confirmation from the Harvard president that I requested the proper dates.

I contacted the bigger clubs, and all Presidents/SC's, and nobody else is both interested and capable of doing an 2012 Area Championship. The SIG Academy in NH is interested, but is just starting their USPSA program and is not yet at the point where they can field the necessary staff.

Once again, we were ONE CLUB away from not having an Area Championship. A7 owes Harvard a debt of gratitude. If you want to thank then, volunteer to work the match.

I am all too familiar with BS rules that provinces/states have. I would have liked to go to Harvard!

It has been explained to me, but I just can not fathom how federal law gets trumped by state law,...especially with the INvitation from USPSA, Form6 + a state hunting permit. (?)

Edited by Mo Hepworth

Gotta love an Area match 20 minutes from my door! Everything is great about Harvard except for out of staters dealing with our awful gun laws. If there's anything I can do to help non-MA people attend the match (as long as it's legal, obviously), send me a PM.

Mikegot38, I'm curious why fly if you're from SE PA. I'm originally from there and go back and forth all the time. It's an easy 5-6 hour drive.

Gotta love an Area match 20 minutes from my door! Everything is great about Harvard except for out of staters dealing with our awful gun laws. If there's anything I can do to help non-MA people attend the match (as long as it's legal, obviously), send me a PM.

Mikegot38, I'm curious why fly if you're from SE PA. I'm originally from there and go back and forth all the time. It's an easy 5-6 hour drive.

Takes me 7 hours to drive and my daughter lives in Weymouth. Much cheaper in the long run to fly.