Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Target Pasters from Shooters Connection

texarkana

We did have a call from a customer today who complained about the pasters not matching his targets and was upset that we didn't disclose beforehand which target manufacturers our pasters would match perfectly. I stood in front of Mike while he was taking to the caller and it was apparent the caller got nasty with Mike. He tried to explain that we sent one of our cardboard targets to our paster manufacturer to match the tint of the paster to our cardboard target. Problem is the cardboard can vary from batch to batch in shade so they may be off slightly even against our own targets. No way for us to know what the other guys use or be expected to produce several different shades so they can be picked to match the given target color that day. The light can also give an appearance of a different color because the pasters are semi-glossy so they repel water and stick better when it gets wet. They eventually will soak through but they last longer than the fiber pasters. So in the end we cannot guarantee the pasters will match perfectly in shade to every target maker in every lighting situation. We really do try to make the best possible stuff taking everything into consideration. We are shooters and know what is important. We do use the most aggressive adhesive my manufacturer is aware of and this may be why ours sticks so well. But even then in hot storage conditions the adhesive can loose effectiveness over time. Maybe our pasters are not for everybody but i do beleive they are the best on the market.

The caller was the thread originator. I know its against rules to post customer complaint issues on here and this will be removed soon. I only ask that this be left up a while so to possibly offer some insight as to the first complaint.

I've been using the paster's from SC. They are close enough in color for me...Especially when the target gets out to 15+ yrds. Probably closer in color than the tape that gets used at lots of matches. Never had a problem with them sticking...I just wish they had an auto-apply feature :cheers:

Edited by Rambo

I have used Shooter's Connection pasters since the beginning of East Alabama Gun Club, 4 yrs ago. I leave them stored in a metal building all summer and winter and have never had them fail to stick, even in wet weather. They were used in the Alabama Sectional in 2011. The color does vary slightly sometimes but I think they are the best out there for all around quality. This past year I have started using their targets also and will continue to use them including for the Alabama Sectional this year. I just wish they would make IDPA targets also so I could get everything in one place. Great service as always and EAGC will continue to support Shooter's Connection.

Alan,

Thanks. As for IDPA targets, I have met with the IDPA leadership on this twice. As you know, I have a relationship with the Wilson's since I shoot for them. At the time of our last discussion, IDPA isn't taking any additional target vendors. We offered a royalty (like the one paid to USPSA), Nationals sponsorships, and a club affiliate program. These considerations didn't make a difference two years ago. I would still like to make IDPA targets, but won't do it without permission or licensing.

All,

Thanks for your candid responses. I am really sorry that Texarkana isn't totally satisfied. I guess we have to agree to disagree sometimes.

Mike

Alan,

Thanks. As for IDPA targets, I have met with the IDPA leadership on this twice. As you know, I have a relationship with the Wilson's since I shoot for them. At the time of our last discussion, IDPA isn't taking any additional target vendors. We offered a royalty (like the one paid to USPSA), Nationals sponsorships, and a club affiliate program. These considerations didn't make a difference two years ago. I would still like to make IDPA targets, but won't do it without permission or licensing.

All,

Thanks for your candid responses. I am really sorry that Texarkana isn't totally satisfied. I guess we have to agree to disagree sometimes.

Mike

Mike,

If IDPA ever changes their mind please let me know. We won't use as many of them as we do USPSA targets but the business will be yours. Thanks for your support as always.

The folks at Shooter Connection are great if the biggest complaint is the plasters not matching, then you guys are doing a pretty good job. Thanks you Chuck, Mike and all of the Shooters Connection crew. You guys are great for our shooting sports.

My main issue is that there's a guy on our range that likes to stick the pasters on us while patting us on the back.

Because of the variability of the pasters I don't know whether to wear the Woolrich or the 5.11s in order to match, in the event that that happens.

Damn you Shooters Connection!

texarkana:

As Chuck said, there are differences in the colour of the targets. I've shot a match and on one stage ther were two different colours of tan.

Because I live in the north, I get my pasters from Target Barn - sorry Chuck - and even they come in different shades batch to batch.

I think this is a fact of life, so we will just have to grin and bear it.

No, I'm not picking on you, just relaying life.

Good luck.

A Bad Day of Shooting is Better than a Good Day at Work. :cheers:

My main issue is that there's a guy on our range that likes to stick the pasters on us while patting us on the back.

Do these pasters make my butt look big? Really folks...the color thing is something my wife would bring up.

I also use the Shooters Connection pasters as well as their targets. The funny thing is I haven't paid any attention as to whether they match the target perfectly or not. I suppose I'm just too busy focusing on other things such as my front sight.

In reference to getting nasty with Mike on the phone, I just can't imagine why someone would be that wound up over such an insignificant thing. Mike and Chuck are great guys that support our sport. They have great products at great prices and they ship freakishly fast. I use them as the standard by which I run my own business. Posting about your dissatisfaction about them or their products will probably not get you the reaction you were expecting.