Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CRO Certification course

paul788

We are canvassing for RO's who want to take the CRO course. Location Augusta Ga. Time either middle March or middle April. If you are interested please pm me with contact info. I have four already, need 16 more(minimum).

Thanks

Paul Beck

A49023

MD for Pinetucky Gun Club GA24

I completed the "onsite, one day" CRO course this past summer. Be it a long day, it was well worth it instead of taking the correspondence course on your own. I recommend this to anyone in the area of this range to take it.

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

CRO CLASS MAY 19-20 in Augusta GA. Class will be held at Pinetucky Gun Club. Lunch both days included. PM me for an application.

Thanks

Paul Beck

A49023

Paul,

Is this a different class? If so, could you please re-post this in the USPSA Rules Forum (this same forum) as a stand-alone thread? It might get more traction that way.

If it's the same class, let us know so we can categorize the post as a duplicate.

Thanks...

Mark

Same class, just got a date worked out between the club and headquearters. Spread the word to the Atlanta clubs, please. Will be posting the app and hotel info soon.

Paul

Cool. Post the details when available. I'll make sure the folks on my email list know.

Okay it's posted, please get busy and send in your app. Hotel at I-20 exit 194 is Wingate Inn for $72.00 a night. So far its's me, Mark, Mike, Charles, and George. I need 15 more.

Paul

www.csrapistol.com

I organized a CRO course last year and the requirements for taking a CRO course in person are different than taking it online. You might want to post the requirements as well as brief of what is covered.

I am curious to hear the requirements difference. Too bad this is so far away.

I organized a CRO course last year and the requirements for taking a CRO course in person are different than taking it online. You might want to post the requirements as well as brief of what is covered.

I am curious to hear the requirements difference. Too bad this is so far away.

Yes, I'm curious as well. Is the text on the NROI site out of date: http://www.uspsa.org/NROI-programs-details.php?CRO-Correspondence-Course-1

The requirements are: be a RO for a year, and have worked two Level II or one Level III match prior to the class. "All students will need to bring a rulebook, a notebook and an unfired course of fire for use during the seminar."

Those are the only things stipulated that I have found. If I have overlooked something please post and tell me.

Thanks

Paul Beck

A49023

Unless it has changed from when I organized the class this past year, they drop the requirement for having work the Level II or III matches if the course is done onsite. That's the main reasons why an onsite course is worth doing.

Edited by Graham Smith

Unless it has changed from when I organized the class this past year, they drop the requirement for having work the Level II or III matches if the course is done onsite. That's the main reasons why an onsite course is worth doing.

...which is interesting, because that isn't what the NROI site says:

http://www.uspsa.org/NROI-policies-guides.php

"Chief Range Officer (CRO)

..Take CRO seminar -OR- CRO Correspondence Course.

..One Year experience as RO required

..Match experience: Two level II matches or One level III match"

From the correspondence course page:

http://www.uspsa.org/NROI-programs-details.php?CRO-Correspondence-Course-1

"What are the requirements for taking the course?

Effective June 1st, 2010 the requirements for attending a CRO course both in person and through correspondence has changed. Prospective students must work at least two level II matches or one level III match in order to enroll in the course. "

I'm not saying you are incorrect, as I'm not sure what they are currently actually doing. :) But what they have said is that both require the Level II/Level III match experience first.

But what they have said is that both require the Level II/Level III match experience first.

I know. We went around in circles on this prior to having our class and this is why it's important to check with the folks at USPSA who run the program. All I can say is that we did the course last year at Southern Chester County and the only requirement for an on-site course was that students be an RO in good standing with at least one year experience. It was my understanding that the reason for the lower requirement was because so much more can be covered during an on-site course that can't be covered in the on-line course.

We also found that there are also ways to run the class in conjunction with a major match that may require fewer students. The best advice I can give is, if you are thinking about having a CRO course, contact your Area coordinator and the training coordinator at USPSA.

Edited by Graham Smith

The NROI site is a bit confusing. I'd appreciate any clarification because I mistakenly (I think) thought that CRO was how you were qualified to be an RO!

As an RO you are Certified as a level 1 RO.

Level 2 RO is a Chief Range Officer = CRO

It's easy to mix up the terms Certified and Chief.

At 7 who have told me they will attend but only 1 has sent in the registration. Where Oh Where are the rest of you who want/need this class? Send in your app.

See you at the SC Section match next month.

Paul

Number 8 is in the mail. Thanks Charles.

I am holding all the checks until we get to the magic number, so if we have to cancel I can just shred the checks. If this is an issue, please let me know.

Thanks

Paul

So far: Mark S. Mike N. Mike W. Paul B. Chris V. Charles F. Glen A.