Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Delta Premium bullets opinions

p5200

I just ordered some of these to try has anyone here dealt with this Co? If so what kind of experience did you have with them? Here's what I ordered http://www.precisiondelta.com/detail.php?sku=B-9-124-JHP and I have several different powders to try checked on another forum and was told they were slow at shipping and send no, tracking numbers? If so it will be my last order from them. Thanks! :cheers:

In my experience they ship promptly if they have the product in stock. If they don't have it then the product page will tell you so. They tend to be significantly cheaper than Montana Gold on quantities of 1,000 but if you order a case from MG (usually between 3,000 and 3,750 depending on caliber) then the per-bullet pricing gets a lot tighter between the two..

The only downside I've found is that if they're out of a particular bullet it can take them a long time to get it back in stock. I first ordered from MG because PD was out of what i wanted and wasn't going to have it for weeks. MG is hardly out of stock on anything, ever.

I just ordered some of these to try has anyone here dealt with this Co? If so what kind of experience did you have with them? Here's what I ordered http://www.precision...sku=B-9-124-JHP and I have several different powders to try checked on another forum and was told they were slow at shipping and send no, tracking numbers? If so it will be my last order from them. Thanks! :cheers:

I have not tried PD new 124JHP yet. One nice advantage, you can order increments of 1000 to test. Not so with Montana Gold, you have to order a case. The next time I need 124JHP, I am going to try PD for my open gun.

I mostly shoot 40's but I have ordered 1000's from these people and can't get any better service,call them up and they always tell me if they have what I want and it's here within a few days,I had some 40-200gr that I bought two years ago and I wanted 180gr,so called them and they send them back,and I got my 180's in the mail no questions ask,, I will buy from them again..my $.02

PD is a really good company and it's local to us in MS. I just ordered another 10k from them. You can now order 100 round trial pack so you don't have to commit to an entire box. They usually ship fast as long as it's in stock. Even if it's not in stock give them a call and they can give you a pretty good estimate of when it will be available.

I have used them before in 9mm and have no complaints about the product at all. The only down side for me was it always seemed like they were out of what I was ordering and it took a while for them to arrive at my door.

At first blush jacketed bullets at plated prices sounds great, but is it? I would still prefer Berry's as they have no exposed base and a flat nose punches a better hole in cardboard. And at 1,000fps a plated bullet is no detriment to performance.

But good to have choices!

At first blush jacketed bullets at plated prices sounds great, but is it? I would still prefer Berry's as they have no exposed base and a flat nose punches a better hole in cardboard. And at 1,000fps a plated bullet is no detriment to performance.

But good to have choices!

Have you looked at the Montana Gold CMJ bullets? They start with a FMJ and cover the exposed lead at the base. I believe they're cheaper than plated if you order by the case.

I hope this doesn't come across as sarcastic or inflammatory, but with quality moly bullets from Bear Creek or Bayou Bullets being clean and accurate and less $$$, what are the advantages of shooting a MG or PD? Again: hoping to learn something and not poo on any company or bullet choice.

$65 for 1000 moly 125g or 135g from Bear Creek including shipping if you buy $110 or more; calibers and bullet weights can be mixed.

Moly

) doesn't get along with all guns/barrels.

) can be messier to load than jacketed

) can be nasty smoky compared to jacketed, depending on powder used

) is a bit more difficult to load properly (requiring more flare and less crimp)

The only time I shoot moly is when jacketed ammo is forbidden.

Edited by njl

Thank you, didn't know all that. I'm fortunate that none of the aforementioned apply to my pistols.

Moly

) doesn't get along with all guns/barrels.

) can be messier to load than jacketed

) can be nasty smoky compared to jacketed, depending on powder used

) is a bit more difficult to load properly (requiring more flare and less crimp)

The only time I shoot moly is when jacketed ammo is forbidden.

I hope this doesn't come across as sarcastic or inflammatory, but with quality moly bullets from Bear Creek or Bayou Bullets being clean and accurate and less $$$, what are the advantages of shooting a MG or PD? Again: hoping to learn something and not poo on any company or bullet choice.

$65 for 1000 moly 125g or 135g from Bear Creek including shipping if you buy $110 or more; calibers and bullet weights can be mixed.

I sure would like to buy some Bear Creek bullets, but they don't seem too interested in selling them.

Being able to actually GET Montana Golds carries a lot of weight.

Calls not being answered? I can't stand when a company doesn't return calls. I've never had to leave a message because someone picks up each time and my order shows up via usps priority mail. Don't want to jinx myself: 4 out of 4 orders without issue.

(209) 874-4322

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bear-Creek-Supply/169083253109250

I sure would like to buy some Bear Creek bullets, but they don't seem too interested in selling them.

Being able to actually GET Montana Golds carries a lot of weight.

Have you looked at the Montana Gold CMJ bullets? They start with a FMJ and cover the exposed lead at the base. I believe they're cheaper than plated if you order by the case.

Looks like the MG jacketed is $.101ea in lots of 3,000 where the Berry's plated is $.085ea. per 1,000. That's a good price for a jacketed bullet but even if it was the same price I don't see where I would be shooting a better round.

What weights/source info. are you comparing? Berry's website lists 147's as $99.74 per 1K ($.09974 EA), vs. Montana Gold's 147 CMJ at $.101 EA.

I was looking at:

MG - 124gn CMJ @ $108/1000 on MG site

BB - 124gn FPHB @ $85/1000 from TJ Conevera

Not a huge difference and if you want jacketed MG is the way to go.

Sorry to OP'er for hijacking thread!!

I was looking at:

If you order a case of 3,750 from MG you'll pay $80.80/1000. :cheers:

I've dealt w/ Precision Delta several times and they've been good people. I've had to call a time or two to make sure my bullets were shipping, but the lady was very nice and courteous on the phone. probably the only person that doesn't like Precision Delta are the Post Office people who have to carry a few thousand bullets to my door. i feel bad for my mail lady.

What weights/source info. are you comparing? Berry's website lists 147's as $99.74 per 1K ($.09974 EA), vs. Montana Gold's 147 CMJ at $.101 EA.

I was looking at:

Sorry to OP'er for hijacking thread!!

Makes no sense to buy Montana Golds in less than case quantity, unless you're just trying them out.

If you buy in case quantity, they're essentially the same price as plated, but you get a jacketed bullet.

Buying direct from Berry's isn't the cheapest way, MGM bullets, powder valley, occasionally Cabela's etc have better prices. I was going to try Delta but I tok to long long for them to restock and i was running low and couldn't wait, when we go back to out door shooting and i need bullets i will try them.