Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 EGW Area 8 Championship

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone interested in working the match or participating in building the match please contact me at hf219@comcast.net for the staff compensation package. Thank you, Harry.

I have shot three Area 8 matches in a roll and would love to shoot 2012, but weekend before I have my Nationals (4 days format) and would be so hard to make both matches happen.

Where in CDN Nats?

Yes, I think we gonna be there (Manitoba) from August 1st till 5th.

I have shot three Area 8 matches in a roll and would love to shoot 2012, but weekend before I have my Nationals (4 days format) and would be so hard to make both matches happen.

Where in CDN Nats?

Yes, I think we gonna be there (Manitoba) from August 1st till 5th.

Specifically, Brandon MB ... or at least that's my understanding.

Thanks for the info Harry. Too bad this is the same weekend as the indiana State match. I was really hoping to shoot A8 again this year.

Yeah, that's too bad. I haven't missed an Area 8 match in about 7 years .... but Indiana is closer to me, and a hell of a match, so .... that's where I'll be. Sorry guys. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

What's the shooting schedule?

It will be the same as last year Full day shooting available on Friday and Saturday. Half day format for Saturday/Sunday. Squadding will be done online at www.uspsa.org . This will be done on a first come first serve basis with the self squadding program on the USPSA website. Last year we had ALOT of people trying to get into a weekend slot. Please dont count on a cancellation to get a weekend slot. Get your apps in early to get the squadding schedule you want. Thanks Harry.

The squadding matrix is up on the USPSA website. We have added more half day shooting squads. This will in turn allow more weekend slots. Dont delay in sending in your registrations. This match fills up quickly. Thanks, H!

• 1 month later...

The match hotel will be at the same location we have used for several years. They offer a reasonable continental breakfast. They have laundry services on site, a pool and a fitness room. Our event usually ends up booking the entire hotel for this event. Get your reservations in early.

Sleep Inn Southpoint

5400 Southpoint Centre Boulevard

Fredericksburg, VA 22407

540-710-5500

540-710-1572

Competitors should ask for

US Practical Shooting Area 8

Group ID 845858

• 2 weeks later...

What's the best airport to fly to? I see REagan and Dulles. Are there any other alternatives? Any experience with these airports when flying with guns?

I have flown into and out of Reagan, Dulles, and Baltimore Washington (BWI), with guns many times with no issues.

BWI is the furthest, but usually is less expensive for some reason. Also consider Richmond international.

Edited by basman

What's the best airport to fly to? I see REagan and Dulles. Are there any other alternatives? Any experience with these airports when flying with guns?

Dulles was okay flying with guns. Just took a little longer with the TSA searching the bag.

Richmond is also an option.

• 3 weeks later...

Weekend slots are almost gone. Some more may open up at a later date, although I cant gaurantee that. If you want a weekend slot get your app in ASAP! The premium slots will be half day shooting. They are still available as of today. H!

Weekend slots are almost gone. Some more may open up at a later date, although I cant gaurantee that. If you want a weekend slot get your app in ASAP! The premium slots will be half day shooting. They are still available as of today. H!

Is there a way I can sign up to reserve 3 slots for the weekend? I didn't see any online sign up like Area 6.

Edited by CJcycles

Is there a way I can sign up to reserve 3 slots for the weekend? I didn't see any online sign up like Area 6.

There is no online sign up available. Sorry, you will have to send in the application via mail.