Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Let's see your Range Bags & Gun Cases

I have used the midway bag. It is a cheap knock off of the Shooter's Connection bag. If you could feel and touch and use them both for just one day you would see what I'm talking about. Shooter's Connection is the way to go!

259680.jpgpro_black.jpg

For the price, I really like the Midway bag. I got the larger of the two sizes,and it is a little big for me, but I would rather have more room than to have too little. Has not failed me yet, and I drag it everywhere. Overall, a great value.

I still use a Harris Enterprises IPSC competition range bag circa 1991 or so. Has all necessary stuff - goodie compartments, padded slips for two guns, eight mag holders, etc. Very well made, obviously. I just vacuum it off once in a while and hose it down with scotchguard every few years. Also have a Midway compact competition bag (not their big bag). They are cheap so got it to hold three gun stuff and for just general purpose range use with misc. handguns. I wasn't expecting much but was surprised at how well made and laid out the bag was and it was a little bigger than I thought it would be. If I were to buy another real competition bag it would probably be the Shooter's Connection bag. Well made and surgically laid out - reminds me of a corpsman kit.

Shooters Connection Tournament Series bags rock! I had my name put on mine cause about 10 other people I shoot with all got black too, so they all look alike! :)

316123_2035468409711_1334247675_31778630_1518472093_n-1.jpg

That is a good idea. I will have to have this done to my SC bag.

I like my Midway range bag. I got the large one on sale for under $40. So far, it has lasted 3 season. It is large enough that I can fit everything into I need, plus more than I should carry... It actually gets so full/heavy that it tends to stay in the car at matches, and I just carry my ammo can around to stages with me...

However, the Shooters Connection bags are awesome, and I have seen MANY of them on prize tables, and it is great to support a company who supports our sport (wow, try to say that last part 3 time quickly). When my current bag wears out, I will go with the Shooters bag out of principle.

I have an army green back back I got from cheaper than dirt:

PACK-125.jpg

It has worked great, but is starting to get too small...

Has anyone used one of the mountaineering packs? I like being able to toss gear on my back.

I've been using the I-shot Gurkha backpack. The overall design is very nice. Several different zippered compartments make hauling your gear to the range or match very easy. The lower front compartment is perfect for your mags, and the compartment just behind it, works well for spare parts and range tools. There is a removal Velcro pouch in the main compartment that holds two pistols. Plus, there is handy little compartment located on the lower backside of the bag which holds your ammunition. Overall, I'm impressed with the design of the bag, but... after you put your eyes, ears, timer, and any other equipment you may need at the range, the bag becomes extremely full. I really like lugging my equipment in a backpack, but it would've been nice if it was a bit larger.

post-35649-0-55907200-1325515293_thumb.j

post-35649-0-77883800-1325515303_thumb.j

post-35649-0-19185600-1325515313_thumb.j