Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Oakley lens color?

38SuperDub

You have a slim-head? Who would've thunk it? :roflol::sight:

Here is my Boggest problem with Rudy's and why I'm going towards Oakleys

I can't try Rudy's on first. I have a slim style face/head and I have to try on glasses before I buy. Rudy's are just pick one and hope they fit. There is no where local to try the different ones on. And I'm not going to spend $200 and hope something fits. Oakleys are ANSI z87.1 so that's good enough for me

For bright sunny I like the g 26 in both my Radar and Mframe I also will sometimes use Ice Blue iridium

Overcast the VR 28 is hard to beat

Indoor lowlight clears

Another nice option on slightly overcast days are the VR 28 with blue iridium coating

Brandon, Before I switched to Rudy's I used Oakleys with a G26 lens. They increase contrast very well...even though they are a totally different color, I find them to be somewhat similar to Rudy red. I still use Oakleys with the G26 for sporting clays. On super bright days I use plain dark grey or black iridium. My big blue eyes are very light sensitive. If its a fairly dark day, I'll use Oakley persimmon or clear.

The G26 was originally a 'golf' lens but it caught on for shooting. When Oakley was selling a 'shooters kit' it contained a G26, a clear, and something else.

I run my clear lenses indoors, and my black lenses outdoor. Oakley used to have a shooting specific lense - it was green/blue - for the M Frames. However they discontinued it due to non-shooters wearing them and experiencing some ocular issues that lead to unsafe conditions (think pro cycling, deceptive vision = bad cycling accidents). Now that being said I don't know how it can be great for shooting but not so awesome for other applications, but this is what the Oakley guy told me at InterBike.

BTW Rudy Project is not the greatest ever!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

vr28's are working real good for me for both front sight with f/o as well as a red dot.

Just ordered some Clear Black Iridium Photochromic lenses to try out as well

Would this be about the same as the photochrome clear rp's?

wg

Funny Jeff as I recall you never owned a pair until you became sponsored by them.

It's bad enough I had to hide your advertising on Facebook. Go peddle your goods to Henry!

Maybe you need to goto your pawn shop sponsor and see if they have some oakleys for you to try on. :rolleyes:

vr28's are working real good for me for both front sight with f/o as well as a red dot.

wg

not sure, havent tried the rudy version of that yet.

the oakley iridium photochromic lenses i like alot for indoor or cloudy days but i still prefer vr28's to anything else if the suns out.

Oakley supports LE/Military with their standard issue program, so I support them in turn. I really like the G26 lens and picked up one for my new Radars. I need to get a clear lens for it and I should be set.

I run the v2 M frames on SWAT missions and flak jackets for duty/off duty. Love my Oakleys.

wg

not sure, havent tried the rudy version of that yet.

the oakley iridium photochromic lenses i like alot for indoor or cloudy days but i still prefer vr28's to anything else if the suns out.

It is basically a clear lense that turns a dark gray as it gets brighter. You do not notice they are dark at all untill you take them off and look at them. I had always shot in Oakley's and prefer the fit, so would like to go back to them, especially with Oakley's support of LEO/Fire?Military.

WG

Edited by Wild Gene

For a good contrast lense I tend to favor the bronze based lenses. I wear gold iridium (12%T), titanium iridium(10%T), or fire iridium (16%T) 95% of the time (it's ALWAYS sunny in NC). Persimmon (63%T) only on very overcast days and indoors. VR28 is the same bronze based lense, but with a bit higher %Transmission at 28%. I've never tried them but my eyes are extremely light sensitive and would likely find them too bright.